This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
It does include the theater. If you read the article, it sounds like they believe the mall to be viable as a mall. I don't believe it will be closed down.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:It does include the theater. If you read the article, it sounds like they believe the mall to be viable as a mall. I don't believe it will be closed down.
Some suggestion that there is room to use space more constructively. There is plenty of wasted parking. A hotel and restaurant are planned for two pads that aren't owned by CBL. The hotel is just starting construction.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Who thinks liberty will buy it as an "investment"? It is certainly good property in relationship to campus... Albeit with a RR between it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Who thinks liberty will buy it as an "investment"? It is certainly good property in relationship to campus... Albeit with a RR between it.
That's a no brainer
Further I predict this will be the start of the push for the co-owned Civic Center.
I'd love to see it restart the talks about Amtrak service East and West
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:That's a no brainer
Yeah it would seem like it...
Purple Haize wrote:Further I predict this will be the start of the push for the co-owned Civic Center.
I don't believe it's viable, so I really hope this isn't the case. I really hope that the university concentrates on suring up the resident program for the future in a way that allows it to stand on its own should the online program experience strong headwinds at some point in the next 10-15 years.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:That's a no brainer
Yeah it would seem like it...
Purple Haize wrote:Further I predict this will be the start of the push for the co-owned Civic Center.
I don't believe it's viable, so I really hope this isn't the case. I really hope that the university concentrates on suring up the resident program for the future in a way that allows it to stand on its own should the online program experience strong headwinds at some point in the next 10-15 years.
LU wants a Civic Center almost as bad as they want to go FBS
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:LU could build a tunnel under the railroad tracks or an over-pass and take tracks out of play.
It would have to be over. They can buy 'the space' from the railroad
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Someone was throwing around a rumor at work yesterday that Macy's is closing.

Now Macy's is closing a bunch of stores, but I don't know that the Lynchburg location is one of them.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:Someone was throwing around a rumor at work yesterday that Macy's is closing.

Now Macy's is closing a bunch of stores, but I don't know that the Lynchburg location is one of them.
Never know... but there were rumors that Sam's was going to close once, as well. Who shops at Macy's Penney's, etc?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
ALUmnus wrote:Someone was throwing around a rumor at work yesterday that Macy's is closing.

Never know... but there were rumors that Sam's was going to close once, as well. Who shops at Macy's Penney's, etc?
My mother...actually just Macy's and Belk, not sure who still shops at Penny's anymore.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:ballcoach15 shops at Walmart.
Which is why I shop at Target.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I shop at Macy's! Study
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:I shop at Auntie Anne's. Those pretzels are AMAZING!
In high school, I had a few friends that worked at Auntie Anne's. They would always bring in the leftovers from the night before whenever the closed the store. Free pretzels in the morning? Yes. Yes please.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
There is no Auntie Anne's in Lynchburg. The nearest one is in Roanoke.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
There is no Auntie Anne's in Lynchburg. The nearest one is in Roanoke.
Incorrect. The JFL now has one.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
flamerbob wrote:Incorrect. The JFL now has one.
I stand corrected... although that has nothing to do with River Ridge. lol
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I would shop at Goodwill store before I'd go to Target.
I can't wait to hear why.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
JLFJR says that the university has no plans to buy the mall. He thinks someone needs to provide major updates to it. My guess? Either someone will do some major upgrades, or it falls apart and LU picks it up in a fire sale. Fan the flames.

Lynchburg DOES need a good mall. I doubt that River Ridge will be that mall.

In related news: The first official announcement that I know of that Liberty will be shutting down the offices at RR.

http://www.wset.com/story/30048016/upda ... -to-buy-it
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]