This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
My first year of teaching at LU in 1985, a student of mine wanted to quote a bumper sticker in his research paper:
"God. Guts. Guns. Let's keep all three." :usa
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 2:05 pm I hit the gun show during a break at team camp
The same team camp that ended up on Sportscenter's Top 10 here recently?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote: June 28th, 2019, 10:33 am
Purple Haize wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 2:05 pm I hit the gun show during a break at team camp
The same team camp that ended up on Sportscenter's Top 10 here recently?
As a matter of fact it was. Although I did not see that play.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 9:29 pm My first year of teaching at LU in 1985, a student of mine wanted to quote a bumper sticker in his research paper:
"God. Guts. Guns. Let's keep all three." :usa
1985 - the year I was born
By BlueBlood
Those aren't especially big spaces. Maybe HomeGoods, TJ Maxx. Sprouts, Pier One, Best Buy size.

Interesting that they are re-orienting the front entrances toward the railroad track side and facing the loading docks toward the highway.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: October 1st, 2019, 11:11 am
Interesting that they are re-orienting the front entrances toward the railroad track side and facing the loading docks toward the highway.
Makes sense to me. When you pull in from the main entrance off of Candler's, the store fronts will be visible.
By BlueBlood
alabama24 wrote: October 1st, 2019, 1:52 pm Makes sense to me. When you pull in from the main entrance off of Candler's, the store fronts will be visible.
Makes sense to me too. If anything, I would have been tempted to angle the new wing backward a bit to make the store fronts even more visible.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully the new sporting goods store will give Dick's some competition, and force them to lower their prices. Every time I buy something there, I feel as if I have been robbed without a gun.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Will there be a Chess King or Merry Go Round clothier? Cider wants to know
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 14th, 2019, 9:33 am Hopefully the new sporting goods store will give Dick's some competition, and force them to lower their prices. Every time I buy something there, I feel as if I have been robbed without a gun.
Well BC, it will likely be Dicks or their outdoor store, Field and Stream. If that is the case, Dicks won't carry guns anymore and your feelings would have more legitimacy
By chris leedlelee
ballcoach15 wrote: November 14th, 2019, 9:33 am Hopefully the new sporting goods store will give Dick's some competition, and force them to lower their prices. Every time I buy something there, I feel as if I have been robbed without a gun.
Ironically, you can't be robbed with a gun at Dick's, because they refuse to sell them.
By ElmersTwin
alabama24 wrote: November 14th, 2019, 4:16 pm
rogers3 wrote: November 14th, 2019, 2:53 pm it will likely be Dicks or their outdoor store, Field and Stream.
You think Dicks will move?
The physical footprint of the Dick's we have here is pretty small, so I wouldn't be surprised if they move for more square footage. Albeit, I'll gladly take Academy.
By Jonathan Carone
I sold shoes at the current location in school. When we didn’t have something, I’d tell people “I’m sorry. We’re one of the smaller Dick’s in the area.”

Some people got it.

Most didn’t.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I was hoping a Dunham's Sporting Goods would move into Mall. They are a better store, and not as expensive. Dick's is too expensive, plus their customer service isn't all that great.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully something good will go into the old Dicks space.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]