This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Didn't think you were into chicks.....
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Didn't think you were into chicks.....
They become chickens...chickens get fried...fried chicken is tasty.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:They're cute:

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/l ... 4dfb9.html

I have to admit, I hope they don't start raising pigs. Growing up in the middle of nowhere, pig farms could be smelled from miles around :vomit
Hate to be the one to break it to you, but if the chicken thing takes off, pigs will probably be next. A significant number of large commercial livestock operations combine the 2 with the chicken coops located above the pigs. A chicken´s digestive system removes less of the nutrition from their feed than some animals, and the poop which drops down to where the pigs are makes an excellent free suppliment to the pig feed which, being pigs, they have no qualms about consuming. Might make some people think twice before they eat that ham sandwich, but it´s actually a very efficient and perfectly safe arrangement.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
ATrain wrote:They're cute:

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/l ... 4dfb9.html

I have to admit, I hope they don't start raising pigs. Growing up in the middle of nowhere, pig farms could be smelled from miles around :vomit
Hate to be the one to break it to you, but if the chicken thing takes off, pigs will probably be next. A significant number of large commercial livestock operations combine the 2 with the chicken coops located above the pigs. A chicken´s digestive system removes less of the nutrition from their feed than some animals, and the poop which drops down to where the pigs are makes an excellent free suppliment to the pig feed which, being pigs, they have no qualms about consuming. Might make some people think twice before they eat that ham sandwich, but it´s actually a very efficient and perfectly safe arrangement.
Oh I know...trust me, I don't think the dietary arrangements that God made for Hebrews was just so they could show obedience. Daniel and his friends proved to be healthier by eating a kosher diet rather than the king's meat (and the Babylonian kings sure as weren't following any dietary guidelines before their capture of Israel), and I myself was a lot healthier when I adhered to a Kosher diet.

Regardless, I still don't like the smell of pig farms. However, if LU keeps it to a small scale operation, the odor will likely be minimal.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
They had not perfected bacon in OT times.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:They had not perfected bacon in OT times.
No they didn't...but there is also turkey bacon. Taste is very similar, texture quite a bit different.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]