This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

There's a new rule about "vaping." And, yes, there is a new vaping store at the mall. Mrs. Cider went in to find out what it was all about. :oldhag :nono
Did the alcohol policy change? I figured it might have after being in Sheetz after the game Saturday. The place was PACKED with LU students and a girl in her LU shirt walked into the beer cave, picked up a bottle and walked up and paid for it...not saying LU students don't do this all the time, but quite bold, I must admit....
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
HenryGale wrote:Did the alcohol policy change? I figured it might have after being in Sheetz after the game Saturday. The place was PACKED with LU students and a girl in her LU shirt walked into the beer cave, picked up a bottle and walked up and paid for it...not saying LU students don't do this all the time, but quite bold, I must admit....
There is getting reps for doing what you did...and then there is deserving reps for getting caught for doing what you did...she falls into the latter category.
Apparently the WaPo and students at Princeton of all places are taking notice:
Washington Post wrote:Answer Sheet
The world’s largest Christian university relaxes some rules for students

By Valerie Strauss October 30 at 11:00 AM

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders appeared last month at Virginia’s Liberty University, the world’s largest Christian college, in a visit that surprised many people who wouldn’t have expected the school to invite someone with Sanders’ political views. As it turns out, the school is broadening its Convocation speaker schedule, and has also relaxed some rules that affect the lives of students. This post explains what’s happening. It was written by Alexandra Markovich, a 19-year-old student at Princeton University who is a member of the University Press Club, a group of undergraduate students who freelance for regional and national publications. Markovich is an intended major in the Woodrow Wilson School of International and Public Affairs with a focus in Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies.
Click Here for Full Story

I think the online strategy has proven to have[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. That's[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

If Cleveland isn't in gym everyday working on addi[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1782[…]