This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
So, my family and I are in the process of moving to the 'burg. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions later, but if you all could just pray for us for now. For the house to sell, for the transition to be smooth, etc.

Thanks!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Praying, and hope you find a place soon and that your house sells quickly.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:Where are you moving from? Will be praying.
Richmond
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
best of luck brother

if the new place has a spare room that would be cool
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Flame Fans have been known to help with moves, if pizza and cold drinks are involved.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'd come down to watch and give direction to everyone
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Flame Fans have been known to help with moves, if pizza and cold drinks are involved.
In other words, bribe this dude with pizza and chilled cider.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm jealous. We'll be praying for you down here in Texas that God opens the right doors for you.

Selling a house is never fun and frankly neither is buying one. I'm in the middle of both situations myself right now. Hang in there.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A few Flame Fans helped move Sly's uncle into his new house years ago, and I believe Purple helped Yacht Rock with his move.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:A few Flame Fans helped move Sly's uncle into his new house years ago, and I believe Purple helped Yacht Rock with his move.
Yes I did. And chilled cider and pizza works for me. There are even a couple of houses for sale in our neighborhood. It's not fancy shmansy like Ciders 'hood but solid 3B 2Bth about 10 min from LU
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
PH and Alabama helped me out. Let us know the details and I'm sure a crew will come together.

Are you or wife looking for work? Let me know.

Also, several houses in our neighborhood are for sale here in the Poplar Forest area and the apartments we lived in off Waterlick were great for apartment living.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:PH and Alabama helped me out. Let us know the details and I'm sure a crew will come together.

Also, several houses in our neighborhood are for sale here in the INDEPENDENTLY WEALTHYarea and the apartments we lived in off Waterlick were great for apartment living.

FIFY :mrgreen:
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:PH and Alabama helped me out. Let us know the details and I'm sure a crew will come together.

Also, several houses in our neighborhood are for sale here in the Poplar Forest area and the apartments we lived in off Waterlick were great for apartment living.
We are moving because of work, so no we are not currently looking for work.

Feel free to PM me any house info you may have. We're strongly considering renting for a year, but are leaving our options open if we find the right house at the right price.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:

We are moving because of work, so no we are not currently looking for work.

Feel free to PM me any house info you may have. We're strongly considering renting for a year, but are leaving our options open if we find the right house at the right price.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers.
We recently sold our house and are renting for at least a year before we start looking to buy a house again. Our house sold in a week, it was crazy. Anyway, if you need a realtor, ours was fantastic. Krista Hubbard with C21.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:Thoughts/opinions/comments on Timberlake Christian School...?
I've never heard anything bad about it... and it's cheaper than LCA.

How old are your little ones?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:Thoughts/opinions/comments on Timberlake Christian School...?
Well there was that girl who wanted to be a boy ....... :evil:

I say Go Tornadoes !!!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
If a townhouse is enough space for you, I lived in one off Leesville for a few months not far from Calvary Chapel. The name of the complex escapes me but I thoroughly enjoyed it

Oh and definitely agree about TCS. If I was living in Lynchburg Id consider it for both my children (more details in The Chapel)
By Kiwon
jcmanson wrote:So, my family and I are in the process of moving to the 'burg. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions later, but if you all could just pray for us for now. For the house to sell, for the transition to be smooth, etc.

Thanks!
Will do.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
So, after being on the market less than 48 hours, our house is under contract for more than our listing price. Thank you for all the prayers!

Next step: finding somewhere to live! We will be up there beginning 9/1, and currently have nowhere to live. We're coming up on Sunday to look at houses/apartments, but may need a couple week buffer. Anybody have an extra room?! :D
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]