This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Heard that a Steak n Shake as well as a Residence Inn are both planned for outparcels at the Mall. The Steak n Shake was a result of LU's re-parceling their lot and selling off a space for a good chunk of change. Locals should be happy, as it will be back on the tax rolls and will be worth much more than an empty lot.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
YAY! More threats to my wallet and waistline on or very near campus, next Famous Dave's will move into that Japanese buffet place next to Cook-Out.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Every thread about new restaurants in Lynchburg reminds me about how bad the choices of restaurants in Lynchburg are.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Every thread about new restaurants in Lynchburg reminds me about how bad the choices of restaurants in Lynchburg are.
Steak N Shake is some good eats. Bite your tongue!
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
When I was at LU, there were many days that I stated that the Burg needed a Steak N' Shake or Chilis. It's still mind boggling there isn't a Dunkin Donuts (besides the one on campus) in the city. If I had the money for a franchise, that would be the first thing I would invest in.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Cheese fries :!:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Dunkin Donuts has failed multiple times in Lynchburg over the years for whatever reason. And I seriously doubt you'll see a Tim Hortons below the Mason-Dixon Line anytime soon.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
JakeP50 wrote:YAY! More threats to my wallet and waistline on or very near campus, next Famous Dave's will move into that Japanese buffet place next to Cook-Out.
Is it closed?
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Proud owner of a Tim Hortons coffee mug, picked up in Canada several years ago. The waitress gave it to me. Maybe it was just me, but the Tim Hortons in Canada was a whole lot better than the couple I've been to in the states. How far south do they go?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
JakeP50 wrote:YAY! More threats to my wallet and waistline on or very near campus, next Famous Dave's will move into that Japanese buffet place next to Cook-Out.
Is it closed?
No.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Tim Hortons is one of my favorite places to visit in Buffalo. Also, this thread makes me thankful for the multiple options I have on Lower Greenville and Central Expressway.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:
Is it closed?
No.
I wish, not a fan of Japanese food.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:
JakeP50 wrote: I wish, not a fan of Japanese food.
I don't think you can classify that buffet as "Japanese food."
Absolutely right. That place is usually pretty busy though. The only way it goes away is if it fails a few health inspections...
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:And I seriously doubt you'll see a Tim Hortons below the Mason-Dixon Line anytime soon.
Probably not, for a while at least... Wendy's owned them... Does Burger King own them now?
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
The farthest south I know of a Tim Horton's is Philly, near the three stadiums. Give it time, once they cross the Mason-Dixon it won't take long to get to one in Lynchburg.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:
Yacht Rock wrote:
JakeP50 wrote: I wish, not a fan of Japanese food.
I don't think you can classify that buffet as "Japanese food."
Absolutely right. That place is usually pretty busy though. The only way it goes away is if it fails a few health inspections...
It's basically a buffet with hibachi and sushi. Where else can you load up in meatloaf, mashed potatoes, terryiaki beef and a tuna roll washed down with a sweet tea? Finished off with a rice crispy treat?
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:It's basically a buffet with hibachi and sushi. Where else can you load up in meatloaf, mashed potatoes, terryiaki beef and a tuna roll washed down with a sweet tea? Finished off with a rice crispy treat?
No where... and there's a reason for that. That place is probably one of the largest contributors to the poop soup off Concord Ave amongst all restaurant locations in Lynchburg.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I'm sure sly has it better in Houston some how...
Krispy Kreme bailed out of here years ago and Dunkin Donuts recently returned. Shipley Donuts is the big chain here. But frankly donuts are not a big deal down here. Breakfast tacos (i.e. taquitos) or kolaches are Texan morning grub. And frankly I am shocked the latter has not caught on nationally yet.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]