This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jonathan Carone
Trump said this week that he has "called every family of somebody that's died, and it's the hardest call to make." At least 20 Americans have been killed in action since he became commander in chief in January. The Post interviewed the families of 13. About half had received phone calls, they said. The others said they had not heard from the president.
Hyperbole or lie?
By Class of 20Something
Most politicians don't check off half their campaign promises in the first year. Assuming we finish ISIS and the economy keeps growing, I expect the wall and infrastructure to be the next two goals. Maybe legalize marijuana. Any one before midterms and two before 2020 and we will have 8 years of President Trump.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I don’t believe that’s going to be as easy as you make it. His behavior will activate dem/lib voters in droves who stayed home last time. And repubs knowing this will come out in even greater force as well. The result of the most polarized our nation has ever been will be the greatest voter turnout in history. No easy task toward reelection.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Trump said this week that he has "called every family of somebody that's died, and it's the hardest call to make." At least 20 Americans have been killed in action since he became commander in chief in January. The Post interviewed the families of 13. About half had received phone calls, they said. The others said they had not heard from the president.
Hyperbole or lie?
I don’t know the situation of those who died, those who were able to be contacted and those who were not. Obviously some were contacted, so efforts had been made. I have never had to call someone to say that their loved one is dead, but I’ll take his word and the word of everyone else who did it, that it IS the most difficult call to make If it came out that none had been contacted then you’d have something
Are we going to play this game with everyone throughout the course of History? Let’s say that this is 100% accurate. Is it a disqualifying event? Or is this a ‘gotcha, liar liar pants on fire, Trump is evil’ exercise?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:I guess it wouldn’t have sounded good for him to say, “I called most families.”
Maybe he called all the Families he was aware of?
Maybe it sounded better than saying ‘I try to call all the families’?
Maybe it sounded better than ‘I talked with all the Families I could get a hold of’?
Maybe the Next of Kin was listed as Person A and the Post contacted Person B?
Maybe the Post isn’t being 100% accurate?

Some those statements are open to attacks from those who would want to attack. ‘Why aren’t you aware of every person killed?’ ‘You’re the President why do you only try to call?” “What kept you from getting a hold of certain families as opposed to others?” Mountains are being made of mole hills like this.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It's interesting how easily reports are dismissed when it's their guy that is being shed in a negative light.

Democrats do it. Republicans do it.

That's my observation of the day.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:It's interesting how easily reports are dismissed when it's their guy that is being shed in a negative light.

Democrats do it. Republicans do it.

That's my observation of the day.
It’s intersting how easily reports are believed when it’s NOT your guy.

#bonusobservation
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Yes, also true. I don't believe anything anymore. 4 years in the center of DC politics opened my eyes to a lot. Glad to be out of that mess.
And traffic.

#yetanotherbonus
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Well it had been 9 days until you commented.
What a dummy! I thought I had been clicking the "Mark forum read" link, but it kept popping up as having a new comment.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]