This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I can't find a news story on it, but I thought I heard on the radio that LU is purchasing Mead's Tavern & courthouse in New London (Evington). Anyone confirm that?

I guess it's for the History department, but I don't understand the purpose of doing that. I live right by there and drive by it multiple times a day. I just don't see the value in the school doing that.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have no information whatsoever about this situation. But maybe the non-profit operating it can't afford to anymore. Perhaps we are just doing them a favor.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
100.9 WIQO had Jerry Jr on and he said it was for the History Dept and how great that was. Not sure why. But just relaying info
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:100.9 WIQO had Jerry Jr on and he said it was for the History Dept and how great that was. Not sure why. But just relaying info
Just in case someone wants experience helping to run/manage a historical site? Starting an archaelogical major?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
because "we've got more money than we can spend"

duh

dolla dolla bill y'all
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion