This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
I don't think it's been officially announced yet but 90.9 is going to completely change formats for next semester. I don't know what this new format is going to be but it is still going to change, Dr. Underation didn't go into much detail but he did say the name will probably change.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Why so much changing with radio stations in/around Lynchburg. One never knows from one day to the next, who's on what frequency, or what freq the game is on.

Back in the day, Victory FM 88.3 was best radio station in America. No longer the best in Lynchburg.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
They've been playing much better music this year, though the rotation is really small. I wish they had the equipment to push the station information to digital receivers, like station, song, artist, etc. Everyone else does.

...underation...
By rhezick
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Why so much changing with radio stations in/around Lynchburg. One never knows from one day to the next, who's on what frequency, or what freq the game is on.

Back in the day, Victory FM 88.3 was best radio station in America. No longer the best in Lynchburg.
Yea not really sure why Victory changed. I just don't really understand what the end game is for Liberty, by just being a spirt fm 2.0. They don't play any of the games anymore, and they don't go out of their way to promote Liberty outside of standard spots.... so why bother? Seems like that boat load of money could have been spent on keeping Victory going, or turning it into a more Liberty promotion-centric station similar to how WTLU operates. Really makes no sense what so ever.

That being said it's probably good to see the light rebrand and refocus...they're just all over the map with their music (from small observations...don't listen too much to them). Maybe they'll hunker down on just one style.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Since Victory FM went away, I only listen to it when they carry a ball game. Prior to the change I listened several hours a day.
They need a Classic Christian Rock station!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Whatever format it will be, my friend who hosts the Sunday night gospel show told me he will be back
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I would like a Christian station that plays old hymns, patriotic music, preaching, and LU ball games. That would be perfect station.
That would definitely NOT be 90.9, the goal is to get MORE students to listen not all but 2 of them. Oh yeah and the biggest :oldhag I have ever given.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:TRBC took robes off Choir because they thought the students might not like the robes, in that they were too stiff looking.
Let me take a guess: You weren't happy with the decision.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I would like a Christian station that plays old hymns, patriotic music, preaching, and LU ball games. That would be perfect station.
Awesome. Don't ever leave here!
Do we even have Patriotic songs anymore?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I was kinda surprised by it when I came to town for homecoming weekend, but really I didn't mind at the end of the day. Im sorry that you don't like it, but 1) the world doesn't revolve around you 2) Youre going to be in the minority in your dislike (at least on here). Once again, that isn't an attack on you, just a statement of opinion.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:No I did not like decision. Robes look better than a rainbow of colors.
I'm kind of a robe fan myself. I do understand the financial side of it but I like choirs wearing robes
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Hopefully people were wearing something under those robes!
All but one, who happened to be driving a Jeep in Nelson County through Lovingston :P

And as for choir robes, the church we attend in Dallas still wears choir robes and pretty much follows a liturgical order of service. Did I mention that it's growing, attracting younger members?

As for a station that plays Classic Christian Rock, I would also listen to that. I love Stryper.
LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]