This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

As many know there is no athletic event that doesn't interest the #1 fan. Sat with Gary at my sister's softball game last week and talk for a while. I asked how things are going and he said everything is great. We talked a little more in depth, but I'm confident that whatever seemed to be the problem some time ago is in the past. He was in great spirits and just as I've always known him. That was encouraging considering this thread gave me pause and concerned, but glad to know it's in the past. LU & TRBC has always been there for him and I'm confident that will never change.
BJWilliams wrote:I think we all would die a little inside without #1 fan around

I'm adding "Above average shock value title creator" to the resume. You may have a future in writing titles for articles to get click throughs.
Copied this from a friends FB page. Posted January 12

"Please be pray for Gary Householder and he is nursing home in Burkeville Va!! All my Lynchburg Friend:
Please sent him a card and he will appreciate for that and he love to hear from you!!"

Hickory Hill Retirement Community
Gary Householder
900 Gary Shop Road
Burkeville, Va. 23922
Flame Convert wrote:Copied this from a friends FB page. Posted January 12

"Please be pray for Gary Householder and he is nursing home in Burkeville Va!! All my Lynchburg Friend:
Please sent him a card and he will appreciate for that and he love to hear from you!!"

Gary Householder
900 Gary Shop Road
Burkeville, Va. 23922
Thank you for posting this.
BJWilliams wrote:Would love if some of the athletics community visited him... he's practically an athletics institution
A post in the baseball forum reminded me of Gary. Anyone know how he’s doing? I sent him a postcard last year, but never heard anything.
stephHouse65 wrote: June 12th, 2019, 11:09 pm I am Gary’s sister-in-law and wanted to share how he is doing. Gary has Alzheimer’s and has battled pneumonia several times in 2019. His health is declining. I know he would appreciate a note.
I'm sure we could flood Gary with cards (and LU gear), if we only knew an address.
Flame Convert wrote: January 17th, 2017, 2:25 pm Copied this from a friends FB page. Posted January 12

Gary Householder
900 Gary Shop Road
Burkeville, Va. 23922
Is this address still valid?
adam42381 wrote: June 17th, 2019, 9:01 am
Flame Convert wrote: January 17th, 2017, 2:25 pm Copied this from a friends FB page. Posted January 12

Gary Householder
900 Gary Shop Road
Burkeville, Va. 23922
Is this address still valid?
Yes, that address is still valid.
It rained most of this morning and afternoon, but the Lord saw fit to halt the rain for Gary's graveside service at 11:00 today. Jonathan Falwell had many kind words to share about Gary and also gave the plan of salvation to Gary's family members. Also in attendance were coaches Carey Green and Ed Gomes, as well as Terry Falwell, who also spoke briefly about their experiences knowing Gary who attended most all of LU's sporting events over several decades.
flamehunter, JK37, socal_flame and 1 others liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]