This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This was announced yesterday and kind of flew under the radar with all of the hoops talk. For those from the seminary world, what does this really mean? Can I assume from this discussion that the LBTS branding is going away or is just a component of the LUSD?
NewsAdvance.com wrote:Liberty University School of Divinity a merger of seminary and School of Religion

Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2015 4:47 pm | Updated: 4:49 pm, Thu Mar 5, 2015.
Jessie Pounds

Liberty University will merge its seminary and undergraduate school of religion, university President Jerry Falwell announced Thursday.

The school plans a new building on campus to house the new School of Divinity. Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary is currently located in the old Thomas Road Baptist Church complex on Thomas Road, while the undergraduate School of Religion is on main campus.
Click Here for Full Story
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I don't know what it means, but assume that "LBTS" won't be going away. It will just come under the umbrella of the new "school." The separation between the School of Religion and the Seminary did seem odd to me.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:I don't know what it means, but assume that "LBTS" won't be going away. It will just come under the umbrella of the new "school." The separation between the School of Religion and the Seminary did seem odd to me.
Maybe Godwin will buy the LBTS name to promote with Hinn :dontgetit
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Where will the new building be located ?
There was a master plan drawing at one time which had a COMPLETELY different building located where the SOR is located now. There has also been talk of putting the seminary "on the mountain" (i.e. over near LUCOM). Since the creation of the "School of Divinity" merging the SOR & Seminary, I think it will be where the current SOR is located.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
one master plan had the current Towns (?) bldg torn down and a new one in front of DeMoss

IIRC they need the room on that other side for the new perimeter road, new 460 crossover bridge, and access to parking garages

but it changes so who knows

yeahhhhhhh.... looks like all that was completely wrong. I did a little research....
Last edited by PAmedic on March 7th, 2015, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
here's info from the last October another thread: https://www.flamefans.com/forums/viewto ... start=1900
BCXtreme wrote:Some construction news out of the Faculty Meeting today:

Residential Commons II will ultimately have 1,000 beds. 368 of those beds will be ready for Fall 2015.

The new academic building immediately adjacent to the bookstore will be the new home of the School of Religion and Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. The complex will ultimately include the bookstore building as well. This supersedes the earlier information that the School of Religion would occupy the new academic building in front of DeMoss Hall. It was not clear from the information presented how much of the so-called "President's Quad" area will serve this purpose; whether it will be one building or multiple.

Rather than being located in the Center for Medical and Health Sciences as originally planned, the College of Osteopathic Medicine's public clinic will be located in a new property LU is occupying off campus near Kmart. They hope to open it in February 2015.

Sadly, it seems most faculty have not seen the Liberty Journal yet, so when President Falwell asked if there were any questions about the new Master Plan, nobody asked any.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
see, we have all the answers here... sometimes ya gotta look to find them.

or ask me. I know everything

this was the version of the master plan Jr was referring to at the time- pay attention to "future academic" buildings labeled 8, 14 and 17

According to BCExtreme the new religion hall will be the one that is now the bookstore by the 'bill

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]