This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Sweet Briar is some good Real Estate for most any venture.

As for 29, VDOT needs to remove every traffic light on 29N in Charlottesville. That would be a boost to entire east coast. That may be the worst road in America.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Sweet Briar is some good Real Estate for most any venture.

As for 29, VDOT needs to remove every traffic light on 29N in Charlottesville. That would be a boost to entire east coast. That may be the worst road in America.
You clearly haven't used I-95 between Richmond and DC, have you? I-64 between Rihcmond and Hampton Roads? Do the letters HRBT mena anything to you? 29 in Charlottesville is bad, yes, but the state has more pressing transportation needs than that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Sweet Briar is some good Real Estate for most any venture.

You clearly haven't used I-95 between Richmond and DC, have you? I-64 between Rihcmond and Hampton Roads? Do the letters HRBT mena anything to you? 29 in Charlottesville is bad, yes, but the state has more pressing transportation needs than that.
But Cville went back on their commitments TWICE and squandered the tax payer money allocated for them to build the by-pass
I would go sorta with ballcoach but go with traffic circles/roundabouts instead of stop lights
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
My 100% reliable sources tell me....
that the Mouse inquired with Amherst County regarding the transportation infrastructure surrounding Sweet Briar and Poplar Grove. Another possible use other than a park would be for filming movies.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Daily Progress wrote:Rumors swirl around UVa, Liberty and Disney as Sweet Briar buyers

A Sweet Briar College student walks past a building at the school in Sweet Briar near Amherst. The school is scheduled to close in August. Preservation Virginia is urging the school’s board of directors to use easements to protect the campus and buildings in the event of a sale.

Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 9:48 pm
By Karin Kapsidelis Richmond Times-Dispatch

RICHMOND — The fate of Sweet Briar College’s scenic 3,250 acres near the Blue Ridge Mountains has fueled far-reaching speculation of who might have designs on the campus should the school close.

Of three trending possibilities, only one — the University of Virginia — initially hedged in answering a query about its interest.
“The university respectfully declines to comment on this matter at this time,” a UVa spokesman said in an email Thursday morning.
Asked by phone whether declining to comment could be interpreted that UVa. is interested in Sweet Briar, the spokesman again said the university would not comment.
Click Here for Full Story
By bluejacket
If Liberty purchased Sweet Briar, there would be a lot of excellent options. But the price would have to be right. I think that Liberty is acting prudently so far.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
bluejacket wrote:If Liberty purchased Sweet Briar, there would be a lot of excellent options. But the price would have to be right. I think that Liberty is acting prudently so far.
The ruling on the Trust makes either that much more unlikely. Might have some clarity tomorrow after 2. There will be some discussions tomorrow, the result of which will most likely be in the news by 5 or 6.
By bluejacket
rogers3 wrote:The ruling on the Trust makes either that much more unlikely. Might have some clarity tomorrow after 2. There will be some discussions tomorrow, the result of which will most likely be in the news by 5 or 6.
Were you thinking of the court hearing on Monday? I wasn't aware of anything else major occurring between now and then.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
bluejacket wrote:
rogers3 wrote:The ruling on the Trust makes either that much more unlikely. Might have some clarity tomorrow after 2. There will be some discussions tomorrow, the result of which will most likely be in the news by 5 or 6.
Were you thinking of the court hearing on Monday? I wasn't aware of anything else major occurring between now and then.

Well, don't say I broke it, but check the WSET website now. There was always more going on behind the scenes than the public knew.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
Kiwon wrote:http://college.usatoday.com/2015/06/22/ ... main-open/

Yea! Nothing says "poised and polished" more than getting drunk!

...because we all know a celebration that includes Champagne is sinful, and surely leads to drunkenness.
And dancing. Don't forget dancing.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts

Did you go and ask them to breathe into a breathalyzer or perform a sobriety field test on them? If so, then please post the results to back up your claim. Otherwise you're just making assumptions.
By Kiwon
rogers3 wrote:

...because we all know a celebration that includes Champagne is sinful, and surely leads to drunkenness.
Try to keep up.

It's called irony :roll: ........ photos of women drinking at that renowned party school, Sweet Briar College in the big 'ole happening place of Lynchburg, Virginia. When the pledged $21 million comes in, look for them to make a big jump on Playboy's and Princeton's Party School rankings.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Kiwon wrote:
rogers3 wrote:

Try to keep up.

It's called irony :roll: ........ photos of women drinking at that renowned party school, Sweet Briar College in the big 'ole happening place of Lynchburg, Virginia. When the pledged $21 million comes in, look for them to make a big jump on Playboy's and Princeton's Party School rankings.
It's not a real challenge to keep up with the short bus, Kiwon.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]