This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Per the N&A, charged with being an unlawful pedestrian
There are no crosswalks or stoplights there, so does jaywalking apply? Unless they were charged for just being stupid and careless.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Ive been over that way frequently. on the annex I side, cars are coming off 29 and going about 30 miles per hour (which is a lot faster than some might think). On the annex II side youre slowing down for the on ramp but again, going about 30 and cars close a lot faster than a pedestrian may perceive. he may have looked one way, started crossing and a car may have closed on him and hit him from the other direction.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Stop, look, and listen
Before you cross the street.
Use your eyes. Use your ears.
Then use your feet.

Most of the things we really need to know we learned in kindergarden.

Well................ some of us anyway.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
I thought the statement released by Liberty was pretty silly, that they are rushing the construction of the second dorm (at great expense). The assumption must be that all of us will believe that the "rushed construction" will lead to burdensome costs. Maybe, had someone not mentioned that LU has more money than they can spend, such comments from the school wouldn't sound like those of an ill-tempered blowhard.
rogers3 wrote:I thought the statement released by Liberty was pretty silly, that they are rushing the construction of the second dorm (at great expense). The assumption must be that all of us will believe that the "rushed construction" will lead to burdensome costs. Maybe, had someone not mentioned that LU has more money than they can spend, such comments from the school wouldn't sound like those of an ill-tempered blowhard.
If they are spending so much extra money to rush the construction, couldn't they have just spent the extra money to put in a crosswalk and a stop light? Obviously I don't know how much more they are having to spend to rush it compared to normal speed + crosswalk/stop light, but food for thought.
By DB89
Registration Days Posts
It is only a matter of time before someone gets hit on University Blvd. IMHO the rate of vehicular speed relative to the amount of foot traffic is excessive. And I've never seen any traffic control. I"m fit...and I feel like I'm in the Frogger video every time I cross over.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]