This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:Thanks, was looking for this the other day
This article just came out today, so I think it's the most up-to-date numbers available.
By From the class of 09
Registration Days Posts
Nothing overly shocking there, but Toman was a bit of a surprise. What would've been the most interesting number on the report imo was "Full Professor Salary" which was disappointedly answered as N/A. :?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote:
ATrain wrote:
olldflame wrote:My first thought is that Carey Green is underpaid.
Mine too...
My first thought was wondering where Toman is.
He's around $125k which is great for baseball.
By From the class of 09
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:I remember a few (maybe more?) years ago Dr. Gutierrez was top 5. I'd hate to have my salary plastered on a public website.
I bet you wouldn't mind as much if you were making the salary to be on the list.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:I remember a few (maybe more?) years ago Dr. Gutierrez was top 5. I'd hate to have my salary plastered on a public website.
Be glad you don't work for the Commonwealth of VA (although to be fair, I was never named in the Times-Dispatch database as I never made over $50K/year working for the state)
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Mine too...
why? he is a head coach for Big South girls basketball..it doesnt bring in money
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
bballfan84 wrote:
ATrain wrote:
Mine too...
why? he is a head coach for Big South girls basketball..it doesnt bring in money
No, but he is the most successful coach on the mountain. Men's basketball isn't exactly bringing in money either
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
bballfan84 wrote:would we pay the tennis coach 125k if he were the most successful coach on the mountain..i dont think so..
I would say that if tennis won the Big South every year and given a legitimate chance to win an NCAA game, the coach would deserve it.

Green should be paid at least as much Dale Layer and Jim Toman.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Green should be paid at least as much Dale Layer and Jim Toman.
When determining how much each should make, their salaries are not compared to each other. Layer's would be compared to other like institutions' head basketball coaches like Big South, CAA, etc. Same would apply with Green and Toman.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
From the class of 09 wrote:Nothing overly shocking there, but Toman was a bit of a surprise. What would've been the most interesting number on the report imo was "Full Professor Salary" which was disappointedly answered as N/A. :?
Well, you can choose- be disappointed because they don't publish it or be disappointed by the amount if they do publish it. At least the former doesn't embarrass us!
By From the class of 09
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
From the class of 09 wrote:Nothing overly shocking there, but Toman was a bit of a surprise. What would've been the most interesting number on the report imo was "Full Professor Salary" which was disappointedly answered as N/A. :?
Well, you can choose- be disappointed because they don't publish it or be disappointed by the amount if they do publish it. At least the former doesn't embarrass us!
I think it would be worth drawing attention to so it could be addressed. If it's Christian it ought to be better....in the free market if you want better you have to pay for it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
From the class of 09 wrote:
rogers3 wrote:
I think it would be worth drawing attention to so it could be addressed. If it's Christian it ought to be better....in the free market if you want better you have to pay for it.
Again. Not the Liberty Way
2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]