This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rhezick
Registration Days Posts
Heard it from several real estate folks in town that Chili's was coming in April, across from Zaxby's. Any truth to this? Wife's been dying to have one here for years.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
The Snooze and Advance reported that three new places were opening up south of 460 on 29. One is Wendy's next to sheetz. Another is an unnamed place across from the airport, between the two hotels.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
JakeP50 wrote:There's already an Applebee's and O'Charley's and both of them are a lot better.
Take it from someone who has likely eaten more than you have. You're wrong.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Having spent more than my fair share of time on the road, Id throw all three in a barrel and couldn't tell them apart if served plates blindfolded. Of course I do love the Texan motif in Chilis since I get all of the local references on the signs. But that is just me.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
They are generally the same. Personally, with other choices available locally I wouldn't pick any of them.

Perhaps it's just me but Applebees has always been bland. There have been a few items on the Chili's menu I've enjoyed over the years but there's really nothing at Applebees I've ever found I liked.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Cheddars seems to be the one in this genre that seems to be OK in my experience.
Cheddar was AWESOME.......in the 80's.
Agree with Yacht about Applebees being a whole heap of bland. Although these stuffed burgers look tasty. Child's has GREAT chicken tenders and better ribs.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:
JakeP50 wrote:There's already an Applebee's and O'Charley's and both of them are a lot better.
Let me rephrase, I like Applebee's and O'Charley's better. I've always gotten suckish service at Chili's
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
JakeP50 wrote:
Yacht Rock wrote:
Let me rephrase, I like Applebee's and O'Charley's better. I've always gotten suckish service at Chili's
It's a national chain, you can't judge one restaurant out of all. I go to the ones in Staunton and Princeton and have never had any trouble.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Took my first visit to chili's in chesapeake...excellent food and top notch service. jbock is spot on...you can't judge one chain by a single franchise
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Took my first visit to chili's in chesapeake...excellent food and top notch service. jbock is spot on...you can't judge one chain by a single franchise
The newer one on Battlefield in Great Bridge?

My wife would love to see a Chili's in Lynchburg. To be honest, I've been thinking they'd open one here eventually on Candler's where the Texas Inn used to be... Already a standing building roughly the same size as most other Chili's in a decent location...
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Took my first visit to chili's in chesapeake...excellent food and top notch service. jbock is spot on...you can't judge one chain by a single franchise
The newer one on Battlefield in Great Bridge?

My wife would love to see a Chili's in Lynchburg. To be honest, I've been thinking they'd open one here eventually on Candler's where the Texas Inn used to be... Already a standing building roughly the same size as most other Chili's in a decent location...
Actually the one on Portsmouth Blvd near the new Cinemark theater (well not new anymore)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:My wife would love to see a Chili's in Lynchburg...I've been thinking they'd open one here eventually on Candler's where the Texas Inn used to be... Already a standing building roughly the same size as most other Chili's in a decent location...
That was a Texas Steakhouse, NOT the Texas Inn. BIG difference. BIG. :nono
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Humble_Opinion wrote:My wife would love to see a Chili's in Lynchburg...I've been thinking they'd open one here eventually on Candler's where the Texas Inn used to be... Already a standing building roughly the same size as most other Chili's in a decent location...
That was a Texas Steakhouse, NOT the Texas Inn. BIG difference. BIG. :nono
YES, there is...the Texas Inn is the home of the Cheesy Western and a Lynchburg Legend. Texas Steakhouse...just another chain restaurant that failed in an area of town where restaurants normally fail.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:I know there aren't many good local/non-chain options in the 'burg, but people getting excited about a national chain casual dining establishment makes me sad. Thank God I live in RVA.
I don't blame you. Thank God I moved to the 757...and even if it was a mistake coming Sly/Flyover County, Dallas also has its nice variety of good, local eateries.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]