This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By pearsonwb
I have been accepted to work an internship with master strength coach Bill Gillespie. It's a dream come true but I have a wife and children... In order for this to work out I would need to relocate (I currently live in Western NC). I work as an exercise physiologist plus group exercise class instructor. I have a BS in Health Promotion along with ACSM-CPT, Crossfit level 1 certificate, Crossfit weight training certificate, YMCA Group exercise instructor, YMCA Shockwave instructor. My wife has mainly been a stay at home mom. She currently fills in as a substitute teacher and in the past managed a coffee shop. If anyone can help or point us in a direction it would be appreciative. ..
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
pearsonwb wrote:I have been accepted to work an internship with master strength coach Bill Gillespie. It's a dream come true but I have a wife and children... In order for this to work out I would need to relocate (I currently live in Western NC). I work as an exercise physiologist plus group exercise class instructor. I have a BS in Health Promotion along with ACSM-CPT, Crossfit level 1 certificate, Crossfit weight training certificate, YMCA Group exercise instructor, YMCA Shockwave instructor. My wife has mainly been a stay at home mom. She currently fills in as a substitute teacher and in the past managed a coffee shop. If anyone can help or point us in a direction it would be appreciative. ..
I know this young man, as I attend the gym where he instructs. I would put my reputation on the line that if he can get to Lynchburg he will finish the training under Billy.

I know the hard work he did to go back to college to get his degree. So if anyone can point him in the directions of a job(s) that would be appreciative. I told him how everyone at LU is friendly and willing to help. I believe he is willing to do any type of work once he gets there whether on campus or nearby. Thanks fellow flames
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It sounds affordable housing suggestions would also be appreciated in addition to job leads.

Welcome to the board, pearsonwb!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I would recommend he talk to Jason Porter over in Sports Medicine. I became friends with him through another LU student and im sure he could point you to something...either him or Dr Schoffstall over Kinesiology...or maybe Coach gillespie will love this guy so much he offers him a post once the internship is over. the other two would be good people to start with though
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I have a friend moving to lynchburg. He is 22 years old and has 3 years of electrician experience. He has a certificate in electrical wiring and is working on his journeymen's.

Anyone need to hire an electrician or know of someone that does ? Christian fella looking to move near his girl friend / friends that are attending LU.

DM if you can assist.
By LUAlum1215
BJWilliams wrote:I would recommend he talk to Jason Porter over in Sports Medicine. I became friends with him through another LU student and im sure he could point you to something...either him or Dr Schoffstall over Kinesiology...or maybe Coach gillespie will love this guy so much he offers him a post once the internship is over. the other two would be good people to start with though
JP is no longer at LU.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:I would recommend he talk to Jason Porter over in Sports Medicine. I became friends with him through another LU student and im sure he could point you to something...either him or Dr Schoffstall over Kinesiology...or maybe Coach gillespie will love this guy so much he offers him a post once the internship is over. the other two would be good people to start with though
JP is no longer at LU.
You do realize BJ's post was 3-1/2 years ago, right?
By LUAlum1215
flamehunter wrote:
LUAlum1215 wrote:
JP is no longer at LU.
You do realize BJ's post was 3-1/2 years ago, right?
Nope. Sure didn’t. Lol Cut a guy a break, it’s commencement season ya know.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]