This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Best of Lynchburg '14: Hamburgers

BrauBurger
4%
The Cavalier
27%
Cookout
12%
Five Guys
42%
Hardees
No votes
0%
Knockout Burger
No votes
0%
Pok-E-Joes
4%
Texas Inn
8%
Weenie Stand
No votes
0%
Other (Please explain)
4%
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Cookout because the burgers are good and you can get 3 for the price of one at Five Guys.
Because they are only 1/3 as good :D Plus,the 'regular' has 2 patties so your math might be off
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:There's a new gourmet burger place in Forest in the Kroger shopping center. Has anyone been there?
It's hardly gourmet - but they are good. To be gourmet - they need to offer specialty burgers and it's more a higher end five guys... Plain burgers you add your standard toppings to.

I would say my vote goes to them. Not a lot of good Burger places in Lynchburg...

Brauburger.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:WHAT!!! The new Burger King in the Wards Road Wal-Mart didn't make the list???? I chortle audibly.
I was grocery shopping there yesterday and noticed the BK. At least they put it in the front instead of the back by the deli where McD was located
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:That BK must have gone up fast. We don't go there super often when school's not in session but I saw the sign outside a few weeks ago and was surprised.
Agreed. I usually Wal Mart in Appomattox so I wasn't sure how long it'd been there. Either way I despise BK
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:WHAT!!! The new Burger King in the Wards Road Wal-Mart didn't make the list???? I chortle audibly.
BK is gross, although I must admit that they set it up nicely in there. And that Walmart has really gotten better since the Old Forest Road one came to town. Guess the competition from another Walmart made them get their act together.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:Yeah, we usually go to the one on Old Forest. It's cleaner but the workers aren't as friendly...
True, and the Old Forest Road Walmart doesn't seem to attract as much trailer park trash, although it is Walmart so it gets plenty of it still. The Old Forest Road one could really use some self-checkout registers though, even the one here in FARMVILLE - FARMVILLE! - has it. Not much worse in the world of shopping than going there on a Saturday morning to get a few things with like four registers open and having to wait in line behind several others with full carts at every register.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My wife LOVES The Cavalier. In fact, even after she gave birth, she had somebody pick up a burger from there for her while she recovered (whether it was myself or her parents who drove into town to help with the first couple weeks)
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]