This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: April 4th, 2021, 6:43 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: April 4th, 2021, 1:31 pm I was told, David Wheeler would be a good replacement for Nasser.
The replacement for Naser is a pretty low bar. I am sure we can find the right person. Prevo needs to go ASAP, IMHO. He is 76 freaking years old and not educationally qualified to lead the school. I do like the fact that the athletic department seems to keep thriving.
Pretty much everything Ian McCaw has touched has thrived, which raises the question...................................
Why not?
He's better qualified than a lot of the names that have come up here.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: April 4th, 2021, 7:04 pm
flameshaw wrote: April 4th, 2021, 6:43 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: April 4th, 2021, 1:31 pm I was told, David Wheeler would be a good replacement for Nasser.
The replacement for Naser is a pretty low bar. I am sure we can find the right person. Prevo needs to go ASAP, IMHO. He is 76 freaking years old and not educationally qualified to lead the school. I do like the fact that the athletic department seems to keep thriving.
Pretty much everything Ian McCaw has touched has thrived, which raises the question...................................
Why not?
He's better qualified than a lot of the names that have come up here.
Which is why I’m all for a clean sweep from the Board across the C Suite. Leave Athletics alone. They’ve survived the storm and are on a great course.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
According to this thread by save71 he is being forced out, not for enabling Jr, but for being "too liberal" which is comical if true. I guess he can't be forced out for enabling Jr since that would also mean some board members would have to take accountability for their part and step dpwn.

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I don't know if everyone caught it but he's going to continue to be on the payroll after he moves to Nashville in a consulting role. My guess is that it part of his severance. With Jonathan stepping forward as the interim, does he already have enough bandwidth from his TRBC assignment or this an indication of a transition toward the chancellor role? Food for some thought.

I suspect some of Nasser's choices for convo speakers ruffled some feathers with the board. That might be the reference to being "too liberal". But I agree with Jon that the issues with Nasser had nothing to do with his theological or political positions.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I won’t say what I’m really thinking but this is what really turns people off about “religion”

I made it through 14 seconds of that crap
tyndal23 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The Board has their sacrificial lamb. Doubt you will see any other changes
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: April 7th, 2021, 5:53 pm I don't know if everyone caught it but he's going to continue to be on the payroll after he moves to Nashville in a consulting role. My guess is that it part of his severance. With Jonathan stepping forward as the interim, does he already have enough bandwidth from his TRBC assignment or this an indication of a transition toward the chancellor role? Food for some thought.

I suspect some of Nasser's choices for convo speakers ruffled some feathers with the board. That might be the reference to being "too liberal". But I agree with Jon that the issues with Nasser had nothing to do with his theological or political positions.
I suspect his continuation on the payroll, may be because of what he knows and helped to foster. I haven't watched the video, don't have the stomach for it. My :BS meter is pretty sensitive.
I am sure that this is the avenue for Jonathon to become the Chancellor. I was told some time ago, this was where he was going to land. It makes sense and he warmed to the idea pretty quick, at least that is the story.
PAmedic, ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Heck, most of the 1887 members of this board, don't care much for it. Just look at number of posts on the sports forums.
Just this morning, I saw a new thread started by CiderJim. 90 people had viewed post, without anyone responding. That is pathetic, anyway you look at it.
By Honest Abe
flameshaw wrote: April 8th, 2021, 12:16 am
I suspect his continuation on the payroll, may be because of what he knows and helped to foster. I haven't watched the video, don't have the stomach for it. My :BS meter is pretty sensitive.
I am sure that this is the avenue for Jonathon to become the Chancellor. I was told some time ago, this was where he was going to land. It makes sense and he warmed to the idea pretty quick, at least that is the story.
Yeah, this seems like where this train is headed. I think this is a good transition. If Jonathan functions more in the role of chancellor, having direct responsibility for spiritual oversight and direction, then he can have others do most of the direct preaching and teaching with the students. I think this is (potentially) a healthier model anyway.
flameshaw, Just John, ATrain liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]