This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
From the beginning I’ve said the Board needs to go and anyone with Family ties need to go. They are free to interview for their positions under a new regime
thepostman liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
*** RUMOR ALERT ***

The word on campus is that Nasser now knows his fate and it reportedly doesn't include a tenure into the summer.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I highly doubt it surprised him. I think most would agree it is long overdue but in my mind, this is an easy move that will be pointed to as "change" when in reality not much has changed.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: March 27th, 2021, 5:50 pm *** RUMOR ALERT ***

The word on campus is that Nasser now knows his fate and it reportedly doesn't include a tenure into the summer.
Next up anyone tied to the Falwell family
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 27th, 2021, 7:23 pm I hope rumor ends up being true. That's the single biggest change that needs to be made.
Hyperbole much?

He needs to go but if this the only move made then it shows weakness, not strength.
ATrain liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 27th, 2021, 7:27 pm
Sly Fox wrote: March 27th, 2021, 5:50 pm *** RUMOR ALERT ***

Next up anyone tied to the Falwell family
Not Jonathon or the leader of the Old Man's Club. He actually works and is a great asset to LU. I agree with you on the rest of the crew.
Just John liked this
By BlueBlood
I know many on here are very anti Nasser and have had personal interactions with him and have observed behavior that has led to this point of view.

I haven’t had any of those experiences, and I only see Nasser on stage/video.

One of the things I do know about him is that he was literally the only high level employee to publicly call Jerry’s behavior sin and he apologized to the students for the humiliation they had to endure and told them they deserved much better from LU.

I do know that my daughters greatly appreciated his candor compared to Prevo’s “nothing to see here” approach.

I do wonder if it’s a bad look to axe the one person who called the behavior sin and apologized.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It is pretty easy to do that after the fact and really looks disingenuous.

I do agree, his approach after the fact is preferred over pretending nothing every happened. Jerry Prevo took his first opportunity to address students by praising Jr....

But there is enough negative out there about the way Nasser treated employees and students that is less than ideal. He continously stuck up for Jr before Jr was forced to step down so was very much part of the problem.

But he was more a symptom of the culture. Far from the cause.
Just John, Baybird liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Nasser was playing both ends against the middle until he saw his best chance to keep his over-paid talk show to continue. It was certainly not made on principle, but on future finical opportunities. Regardless, he presented himself to be a less than christian gentlemen, if things didn't go his way. He was more of a fake it until you make it guy. No one is going to pay him a quarter of the money he was making for making up silly jokes during convo at LU.
Maybe he could find a gig filling in for Ellen DeGeneres when required. It seems closer to he skill set, or maybe the makeup atrist on the View.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Whatisthetruth
flameshaw wrote: March 28th, 2021, 3:49 am Nasser was playing both ends against the middle until he saw his best chance to keep his over-paid talk show to continue. It was certainly not made on principle, but on future finical opportunities. Regardless, he presented himself to be a less than christian gentlemen, if things didn't go his way. He was more of a fake it until you make it guy. No one is going to pay him a quarter of the money he was making for making up silly jokes during convo at LU.
Maybe he could find a gig filling in for Ellen DeGeneres when required. It seems closer to he skill set, or maybe the makeup atrist on the View.
To flameshaw's point. In 2019 after all those articles hit, Nassar was in convo telling everyone Jr and LU were under attack by demonic forces.

So, in 2019 when the winds were in a pro-Jr direction those speaking out against Jr (IE the coup) were demonic possessed. In 2020 when the winds shifted Jr was a sinner.

Did I capture your thoughts accurately Flame?
flameshaw liked this
By BlueBlood
thepostman wrote: March 27th, 2021, 10:00 pm It is pretty easy to do that after the fact and really looks disingenuous.

I do agree, his approach after the fact is preferred over pretending nothing every happened. Jerry Prevo took his first opportunity to address students by praising Jr....

But there is enough negative out there about the way Nasser treated employees and students that is less than ideal. He continously stuck up for Jr before Jr was forced to step down so was very much part of the problem.

But he was more a symptom of the culture. Far from the cause.
You would think it would be easy to do after the fact, but so far he is the only one in leadership the students have heard say these things.

I get it that several folks on here have had negative experiences behind the scenes, but the students and outside world haven’t been privy to any of that - they would just see the one person who publicly called Jr’s behavior sin and apologized to the students getting the axe. To many, it would look like Jr’s people eliminating opposition. Like I said, I’m just not convinced it would be a good look right now.
ATrain liked this
By Jonathan Carone
I care much less about good looks than I do right actions.

David Nasser proudly and loudly spiritually manipulated the student body through the entire Jerry scandal. That among the many other things he’s done - and how he’s treated people throughout all - has disqualified him from the position he’s in.
ballcoach15, ATrain, rogers3 and 2 others liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I do agree that if Nasser is the only person let go, then it is a bad look. However, that doesn't change my mind in thinking the move is needed.

Sadly, everything else going on doesn't exactly give me much faith anything of substance is changing.
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: March 28th, 2021, 1:18 pm I do agree that if Nasser is the only person let go, then it is a bad look. However, that doesn't change my mind in thinking the move is needed.

Sadly, everything else going on doesn't exactly give me much faith anything of substance is changing.
The phrase “sacrificial lamb” is coming to mind
thepostman, ATrain liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Whatisthetruth wrote: March 28th, 2021, 7:37 am
flameshaw wrote: March 28th, 2021, 3:49 am Nasser was playing both ends against the middle until he saw his best chance to keep his over-paid talk show to continue. It was certainly not made on principle, but on future finical opportunities. Regardless, he presented himself to be a less than christian gentlemen, if things didn't go his way. He was more of a fake it until you make it guy. No one is going to pay him a quarter of the money he was making for making up silly jokes during convo at LU.
To flameshaw's point. In 2019 after all those articles hit, Nassar was in convo telling everyone Jr and LU were under attack by demonic forces.

So, in 2019 when the winds were in a pro-Jr direction those speaking out against Jr (IE the coup) were demonic possessed. In 2020 when the winds shifted Jr was a sinner.

Did I capture your thoughts accurately Flame?
For the most part, but it runs a little deeper than that. When the decision was being made about what to do with Jr. Nasser went into his bunker, kept hi head low and was calling anyone who might be able to help him with the incoming administration. He even went silent twitter for a while, which was a major change for him, at the time.
Regardless, it is important to point out, once again, that he was not a nice person and certainly did not represent a Christian spirit in his actions with others, "off stage".
By Dustin Wahl
For what it's worth, I'm very confident the Nasser rumor is correct. He's leaving in May. Don't know when they plan to announce it, and don't know exactly whose decision it was.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dustin Wahl wrote: March 28th, 2021, 5:32 pm For what it's worth, I'm very confident the Nasser rumor is correct. He's leaving in May. Don't know when they plan to announce it, and don't know exactly whose decision it was.
$20 he cries
$50 he says in a Convo “God has called him to a different Ministry/Mission Field”
By ElmersTwin
Dustin Wahl wrote: March 28th, 2021, 5:32 pm For what it's worth, I'm very confident the Nasser rumor is correct. He's leaving in May. Don't know when they plan to announce it, and don't know exactly whose decision it was.
So, who's potentially next in line?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ElmersTwin wrote: March 29th, 2021, 1:48 pm
So, who's potentially next in line?
If, as many suggest, Jonathan becomes the Chancellor, I doubt they will actually even retain that position. He would essentially be taking over those responsibilities.
TH Spangler liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The office for spiritual development would still require someone to fill that leadership role and I'd imagine that person would be one of the few that would report directly to the Chancellor.

Just guessing really.

If recent events are any indication, I think @Sly Fox may be onto something.
ElmersTwin liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]