This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Was it under pressure or what?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Who is Rachel Flynn?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
She's the person who blocked Jerry Jr. from developing the field between Campus North and the Communications Center into a shopping center...and was also the one behind the sign ordinance as well. Basically someone who wanted everything to look pretty without any thought to practicality at all..."Nevermind if it doesn't serve its purpose, at least it'll look nice."
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
There was a little pressure, not from LU though from the city realizing that some of her ideas just didnt make much sense

& BJ the real kicker is she was making decisions for a city that she didnt even live in, she lived in C-ville (an hour away) with just a apartment here to make it look better on paper... :roll:
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
The only better news would have been if she were canned. Thats amazing news.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Rachel Flynn was quoted in an interview by a RMWC student (which I used to have a link to, but can't seem to dig up anymore) as saying her vision for reviving Lynchburg started with developing downtown into a thriving community for artists and homosexuals. Her secondary vision included making Lynchburg more pedestrian-oriented. Essentially, she wanted Main Street to become a Haight Street East and for all of downtown to be built around it. Oddly enough, LU's only squabbles with her were over zoning ordinances, and some of Jerry Junior's commercial development (Hello sign ordinance!), though I'm sure her plans for the city didn't go over well with them. Even so, they didn't put any real pressure on anyone about it. A lot of people in Lynchburg aren't as conservative as Jerry Falwell, but Lynchburg is by no stretch ready to be turned into what Flynn wanted. And yes, she did live in Charlottesville with her husband. As I said in the other thread...

Good luck with that, Richmond. :roll:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]