This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
The state senator is in emergency care at the hospital with multiple stab wounds (torso & face). His son Gus was shot an killed. Apparantly, Gus attacked his dad, who was forced to respond with lethal force. Very sad.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It is indeed a tragedy. You have to feel for a family pleading for one man's life while grieving another who clearly was battling his own demons.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
There is obviously a lot of back story here. Domestic violence is never pretty. I hope Deeds pulls through. Thankfully he's at UVA which greatly increases his outlook
By matshark
Registration Days Posts
Creigh Deeds is a tough son of a gun to have been stabbed like that and then walk down to the end of his driveway. Wow. Def a sad situation though.
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
The most frightening part of this was that Gus was evaluated at a local hospital on Monday, "but was released because no psychiatric bed could be located across a wide area of western Virginia." I think that report originated with the Richmond Times-Dispatch. It looks like he was genuinely seeking help, or someone was pushing him to get help, and nobody was proactive enough to come up with a temporary solution.
Prayers please

My neighborhood in Gambrills was great. Great f[…]

5 plus 7 model

Ian stated we are working on a neutral site ga[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't w[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]