This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Collared shirts are no longer required for men. So, there's basically no dress code? Boo that. Anybody who's happy with that can stay home and go to LUO.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:Collared shirts are no longer required for men. So, there's basically no dress code? Boo that. Anybody who's happy with that can stay home and go to LUO.
Or, the people who want to wear collars can wear them from the comfort of their homes while "studying" through LUO.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
:popcorn
adam42381 wrote:
LUconn wrote:Collared shirts are no longer required for men. So, there's basically no dress code? Boo that. Anybody who's happy with that can stay home and go to LUO.
Or, the people who want to wear collars can wear them from the comfort of their homes while "studying" through LUO.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Wait? LU had a dress code? Since when :dontgetit I never enforced it
This explains why you never wrote me up for wearing shorts to class.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:I can think of several things Purple didn't write me up for... :I chortle audibly.:
Your 'group tests' were amazing
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
That's what my No. 2 son does/did. I think he wore the same hoodie all last winter. And I think he's worn shorts a time or two to classes other than phys ed. He finally got called on his hair earlier this semester, and got a buzz cut -- going from one extreme to the other.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i thought it was great when i went there but really it doesnt' serve much purpose. there will be a time when wearing that get up is required. i don't have a problem allowing a college kid the freedom to dress themselves a few years before they are one day relegated to a cubicle that has "casual friday" written in red on the calendar pushpinned into the fabric wall with the rest of their coworker hordes.

as long as its modest of course.

i say all this as i sit in my office in jeans and a tshirt.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:In the summer I can wear shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops into my office, M-F :-)
Stamping "DENIED" on paperwork can be physically strenuous, though the flip-flops....
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
is this where some guy with pie in the sky dreams of making a small mint selling energy drinks and make up supplies to his friends tells us all about how he can just work at home in his underwear whenever he wants?
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:is this where some guy with pie in the sky dreams of making a small mint selling energy drinks and make up supplies to his friends tells us all about how he can just work at home in his underwear whenever he wants?
$80/hour
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:
ATrain wrote:In the summer I can wear shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops into my office, M-F :-)
Stamping "DENIED" on paperwork can be physically strenuous, though the flip-flops....
Actually I don't have a stamp, I just point and click on a computer screen :P
NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/GSwaim/status/1786229976804515[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Unless Trump is suddenly a NY resident again, I th[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

https://www.liberty.edu/news/wp-content/uploads/si[…]

Liberty Campus "protest"

Let's set aside the 180 degree contrast in message[…]