This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
There's one that opened in Chinatown, in DC, a couple of years ago. It's extremely popular/busy but I always thought it was just good and nothing special.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I love Rita's! I believe Scar tipped me off to the chain about 5-6 years ago. It used to primarily be in Philly before expanding out and franchising nationally a few years back. My kids beg for it whenever we go to the Galveston seawall.

They make the ices daily in the store. The best flavors typically are the fruity ones like mango. They have frozen custard to enhance the ice experience. I usually eat a gelatin that really has little to do with Italian gelato. It has layer of frozen custard at bottom of cup with your choice of Italian ice flavor making up the majority of the cup with more custard on the top. My son loves their shakes.

Rita's will have big impact on Froyo businesses in town.
By cdbilton
Registration Days Posts
This has made my day! My wife worked at the one in Newark, DE for a couple of summers and we make a point to stop every time we are in town. I've been telling her for a while that we could open a Ritas near LU and retire early, but she wants no part of that work again :)
By flamesfan30
Registration Days Posts
didnt know ritas water ice (thats what we call it in delaware) was going national. awesome. do they give free custard away the first day of summer down here in lynchburg too?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Rita's have been national for a while but I had no idea it was until I moved to Tampa 4 years ago. It's a typical stop on the way home from Clearwater beach. So refreshing!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I married into a Philly family. (I know, I know. What was I thinking?!) So Rita's is a staple. We all vacation at OCNJ for a week each summer, and Rita's is consumed a minimum of three times during the week.

Got one near our home in Frederick now. Wife LOVES it.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:I married into a Philly family. (I know, I know. What was I thinking?!) So Rita's is a staple. We all vacation at OCNJ for a week each summer, and Rita's is consumed a minimum of three times during the week.
sounds like you've been exposed to real culture. I knew I like you for some reason.

nothing like spending weekends down the shore. tell me you are a Springsteen fan and we'll be besties.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
JK37 wrote:I married into a Philly family. (I know, I know. What was I thinking?!) So Rita's is a staple. We all vacation at OCNJ for a week each summer, and Rita's is consumed a minimum of three times during the week.
sounds like you've been exposed to real culture. I knew I like you for some reason.

nothing like spending weekends down the shore. tell me you are a Carl"Springsteen" Marx fan and we'll be besties.
Fix it for you
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:It is worth the drive out of the way.
It's worth driving out of the way to go, or driving out of the way to keep away? :lol:

I think BLOOP is MUCH better. (Proto is paying me off).
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]