This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Shameless plug. There is a performer by the name of Wren Mangum and he does a great show of Johnny Cash, Elvis and Rock-A-Billy songs. (His Johnny Cash is spot on!). He is performing to night at the Spring House starting around 8ish. I know it's probably for the older crowd but either way, in the words of Coming to America 'That boy good!'
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Of course, if your style is more Irish folk music, come to Friendly Fridays to hear a live band at the Soul Cafe of Rivermont Ave. Baptist Church from 6:00-8:00. Cider is working the coffee bar!
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Shameless plug. There is a performer by the name of Wren Mangum and he does a great show of Johnny Cash, Elvis and Rock-A-Billy songs. (His Johnny Cash is spot on!). He is performing to night at the Spring House starting around 8ish. I know it's probably for the older crowd but either way, in the words of Coming to America 'That boy good!'
Too bad I didnt read this sooner. That would have been fun.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Shameless plug. There is a performer by the name of Wren Mangum and he does a great show of Johnny Cash, Elvis and Rock-A-Billy songs. (His Johnny Cash is spot on!). He is performing to night at the Spring House starting around 8ish. I know it's probably for the older crowd but either way, in the words of Coming to America 'That boy good!'
Too bad I didnt read this sooner. That would have been fun.
He will be back the last Friday or Saturday of March. It was a good time and a good sized crowd for the venue.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
He will be back the last Friday or Saturday of March. It was a good time and a good sized crowd for the venue.
If you remember, let us know.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
If you remember, let us know.
Will do
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Since 'Bama and Cider wanted to know...
The guy is coming back and performing again at The Spring House Friday May 17 8:30-1030 cover is $5. We always eat before and makes for a great date night.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the update. You "eat before" at the Spring House, or before you go? Is there a website? I am very interested, but will need to scrounge up child care. Our normal sitter will have left the burg already.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Thanks for the update. You "eat before" at the Spring House, or before you go? Is there a website? I am very interested, but will need to scrounge up child care. Our normal sitter will have left the burg already.
We eat at The Spring House before the show. I love the food
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BUMP

August 30 Spring House Restaurant. The guys 'career' is sort of taking off. He was asked to try out for a part of the show The Million Dollar Quartet
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
He's back! This Friday Jan 17 8:30 @ The Spring House. There are several Elvis, Johnny Cash and Rockabilly fans on this board. You need to be there. If you don't want to eat the show is only $5 a person. Great date night

On a side note, The Spring House has a new menu so it is no longer just family style. While that is still an option they now offer burgers sandwiches etc.
Virginia Tech

We had 9 LOB

Volleyball Coach

Greg Mosely is a LU alum and is currently the coac[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

https://www.liberty.edu/news/2024/05/01/new-champi[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

If ACC is left with 3 or 4 or completely dismantle[…]