This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:
ALUmnus wrote:I asked about the rules for the build-your-own ($8), and she told me basically there are no rules.
So basically it is more dangerous than Thunderdome
Two hands enter, one hand leaves
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Come out today and register to win a free iPad Mini. Arosto will be open 11AM-10PM Daily.

By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
Went there for lunch and had the sicilian. It was delicious. As usual with any new restaurant they had some computer issues when i was there but an overall quality experience. I will be back.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SMOOTHIE I will allow you to treat me when I get back down there...

I feel it's the least I can do
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Moving...

Just wanted to inform my FlameFans Family about Arosto moving.

We have been at that location for over 2 years and while sales are good, they are not great , and though I love the Wards Road area, I'm like many locals in Lynchburg and choose to not go to that area unless I absolutely have too. We are moving this location to Forest, next to the New Walmart being built in a shopping center yet to be named.

We didn't have to move, but are in a unique position, as our ownership group also owns both shopping centers, and we were approached about our space and then have the ability to be an anchor in the new space in Forest. Just made a lot of sense to us.

I'm sure we will lose some student traffic, but hope you guys will still support us when you are out in the Forest area.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Best of luck!

We'll actually enjoy you guys being closer to home for us.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Any timetable as to when that Walmart and shopping center will be complete? Also, what's moving in across the road in those stand-alones?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Mrs. Cider is very happy about the move and wants to know when Arosto will be open in Forest.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Any idea what will move in the Wards Road location once Arosto moves?
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Thanks Guys. We hope that most people will be happy with move...

Wall-Mart should be open by Spring, and we hope to be open by summer. Hope to break ground soon.

I do know what's going in there, but can't say anything until they announce it. I can say it will be another restaurant and a national brand. Also they will be solving what we felt was a big problem for us - they will be continuing the parking lot around the building so it won't dead end.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
That's good news as I always saw access to the parking lot as one of the big issues.

Look forward to having you guys up here in Forest.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: I do know what's going in there, but can't say anything until they announce it.
I heard through the grapevine that it was going to potentially be one place, but is going to be something else instead. If so, I am very disappointed. :(
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:Thanks Guys. We hope that most people will be happy with move...

Wall-Mart should be open by Spring, and we hope to be open by summer. Hope to break ground soon.

I do know what's going in there, but can't say anything until they announce it. I can say it will be another restaurant and a national brand. Also they will be solving what we felt was a big problem for us - they will be continuing the parking lot around the building so it won't dead end.
Please be a Jimmy Johns!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
You'll notice Jimmy Johns ads only promote their speed.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:You'll notice Jimmy Johns ads only promote their speed.
Yeah not a fan. I prefer Jersey Mikes and Fire House over them
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Absolutely agree!! Not a big Jimmy John's fan.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
I prefer all the other sub places over Jimmy John's. Of course, my wife loves Jimmy John's. My order of preference:

Jersey Mike's
Publix
Firehouse
Sheetz
Quiznos
Subway

Jimmy John's
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My wife's a huge fan of Firehouse. I've personally wanted to try Jimmy John's but I cant find a meatball sub on their menu (one of my favorites)
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Jimmy John's doesn't do whole chicken breasts or meatballs or things like that. Straight cold cuts, as I recall.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Jimmy John's doesn't do whole chicken breasts or meatballs or things like that. Straight cold cuts, as I recall.
Thank you for putting this in my head

[youtube]
[/youtube]
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]