This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Yeah but the Cup stays in the city.

8)
true, but it sees plenty of time in Canada when each player brings it home with him
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I will be with Lord Stanleys Cup on Oct 11th. Looking forward to it. I have seen it before in Toronto in the Hockey Hall of Fame, but it will be great to see it in Raleigh.

By the way, most of the hockey players who play in this area stay, even after their playing days are over. I see Ron Francis quite frequently and Paul Maurice a former coach and current coach of the Leafs still has a home here.

Has anyone ever heard of people retiring up north?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
My In-laws. They lived their whole lives in Detroit suburbs and East Lansing Suburbs. Now they live near the Upper Penisula. Makes going up north for Christmas that much fun :roll: What's another 3-4 hours on an already awful drive? You can't fly anywhere near where they are so we always decide to drive. Maybe we can get them down to Lynchburg to retire like our Badger friend?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
welcome badger and don't let some tell you boonsboro is ALL snobby. yes their are some snooby people, but as sly said a classy neighboohood with great older homes. i used to live a few streets over from peakland and used to walk my dogs and run on peakland. i miss that area.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I finally had to put a stop to Christmas in Ohio. My parents were informed to come to Texas in December. It didn't take long before they joined us down here.

For the record, I love Mackinac. But ther is no way retirement will be taking me anywhere that I need heavy winter clothes for more than a couple of days a year. Brrrrr.

I'm voning this thread to the Lynchburg Life where it is much more appropriate at this point in the discussion.
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
I did not see you had this section, thanks.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
No problem. As you look back through the threads I think you'll find some great inofrmation on things like rsstaurants and more.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]