This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: Image
First time I have seen this rendering. Williams Stadium will be incredible if the finished product resembles anything close to this.

It would be in the best interest of attendance to keep the students section as is moving forward. Maybe, to generate some revenue, make all seating between the 35s reserved for Student Flames Club Members. It's doable, but taking that seating away from students would be catastrophically bad for the game day experience.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Image
Anyone else notice the baby tower southeast corner of Demoss?
What is that all about I wonder.
Ding dong ding dong, ding dong ding dong...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Ding dong? Isn't that slang......
I don't know why he thinks the ding dong is moving his office.
ATrain may or may not have a sordid history with Ding dongs......
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Think clock tower you filthy-minded postulating horehounds :-p (If you're curious you can Google it, but its far less offensive if you do).
Found this one.

It has a(Finally) renovated facade on Vines

Mysterious tower by DeMoss and Vines.

School of Business

Road splits to parallel 29/460 behind the School of Business.

New Arena at Doc's

New Parking Garage? further south on east.

I am curious at the strange green on the north side of Commons 4

Also it looks like an underground garage at Commons 4.

Has ground even been broken on the building behind the freedom tower in every rendering?
Class of 20Something wrote:Image
Found this one.

School of Business

New Arena at Doc's

Has ground even been broken on the building behind the freedom tower in every rendering?
The split road that you're referring to parallel to 29/460 is a pedestrian bridge. Also, there will be a garage behind or connected to the new multicultural building south of east campus. With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if that is an underground parking garage in common IV. It would make sense since the new reber-thomas cafeteria (I guess they'll be no reason to call it the new-rot unless the traditional continues) is connected to the building. We can't forget the new parking garage in campus north and another athletic arena/facility for gymnastics, etc .
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:Image
Found this one.

School of Business

New Arena at Doc's

The split road that you're referring to parallel to 29/460 is a pedestrian bridge. Also, there will be a garage behind or connected to the new multicultural building south of east campus. With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if that is an underground parking garage in common IV. It would make sense since the new reber-thomas cafeteria (I guess they'll be no reason to call it the new-rot unless the traditional continues) is connected to the building. We can't forget the new parking garage in campus north and another athletic arena/facility for gymnastics, etc .
Parallel means same direction as. Look at University Blvd northbound directly in front of DeMoss. The road splits around the parking lot and School of Business.

Where did you find info on the multicultural building? I haven't seen anything on it.
My apologies, some of my message was erased. That in which you're referring may be more parking spaces (which we see across from DeMoss now). I don't know if that will change into a road. I added the pedestrian bridge comment to ask a question. What will the bookstore be when it moves from its present location? Will that building be more little snack areas or a stored building? Also I believe I received that information from the updated campus master plan booklet in the east campus section. Here's the link for the Sept. 2016 booklet if you need it:
https://issuu.com/vmdoarchitects/docs/l ... aster_plan

P.S. have there been any updates on the bill expansion plan? I suppose it's too early to tell but I was wondering if I can hear some ideas of what y'all would like to see designed and added to make the stadium a place to remember. Maybe that could be a new thread lol.
I'm at Sears right now. You guys are as secure as Fort Knox over there. :shock:
Cider Jim wrote:I'm at Sears right now. You guys are as secure as Fort Knox over there. :shock:
You are old enough to be a Mall Walker.
Purple Haize wrote:You are old enough to be a Mall Walker.
That's what I do on Fridays after racquetball. If you're not pushing drugs, you should join us at 9:30 at the food court.
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:You are old enough to be a Mall Walker.
That's what I do on Fridays after racquetball. If you're not pushing drugs, you should join us at 9:30 at the food court.
I'm always pushing!! Pimpin ain't easy!! 8)
rogers3 wrote:Cut the farm...God isn't honored if our programs aren't making money.
I'm of 2 minds on this. If LU isn't going to start any type of AG program then I can see the point in eliminating. However, if they weren't planning one to begin with why start the farm in the first place?
I wonder if there is anyway to incorporate it into FACS? You could certainly make a lot of Electives. Plus, with the surge in Farm to Table restaurants it could be helpful to business majors.
The money excuse and the 'we will lease for $1' is :BS but not unexpected
Liberty has unlimited resources. I hate seeing them use the money excuse. They can't stand having something that can't make themselves money. I could've understood if they were in a different situation financially wise but they "have so much money they don't know what to do with it" With their logic the equestrian center should be next to close. How much money do they make from there compared to paying to operate?

On a side note. Anyone know if Liberty is going to pursue AACSB accreditation once the business school is built? They're moving to a research university so I would have to imagine they would. That's where 97% of the universities are accredited from. Not from ACBSP.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]