This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By tyndal23
Starting a campaign for student section pullout bleachers behind team/ scorers table. No vertical aisles, only entry is at extreme sides edge of the court - seats all have spiked splinters and students have to stand. These bleachers can be swapped out and replaced with current bleachers during fall and Christmas breaks -both sets of bleachers stored easily in the “tunnel” when the other is in use. Costs - 10k and 2 hours of student paid labor to swap out - environment goes from Lloyd Noble Arena to Cameron Indoor...it really is that simple. Talking to you Ian....
By BlueBlood
I've been one of the biggest critics regarding the need for the Falwell Center and the location of it. But if they are deadest on moving forward with it, I just want them to do it and get it over with. I think the sign/fencing has been up since 2021?

Commons IV is under roof and has a lot of brick on it already. It will be nice to see the academic / commons lawn fully open again (it's been a while).

The new parking garage is starting to go vertical.

Any rumors yet regarding what they want to do with the old cafeteria site? As far as I can tell, that's the final place that an academic building can properly fit on the academic lawn - so they better think it through.

Final thought - what's the deal with the Extended Stay? Does the school own it? Long term lease? It used to kind of be over there by itself - not so much anymore.
By AATL
BlueBlood wrote:I've been one of the biggest critics regarding the need for the Falwell Center and the location of it. But if they are deadest on moving forward with it, I just want them to do it and get it over with. I think the sign/fencing has been up since 2021?

Commons IV is under roof and has a lot of brick on it already. It will be nice to see the academic / commons lawn fully open again (it's been a while).

The new parking garage is starting to go vertical.

Any rumors yet regarding what they want to do with the old cafeteria site? As far as I can tell, that's the final place that an academic building can properly fit on the academic lawn - so they better think it through.

Final thought - what's the deal with the Extended Stay? Does the school own it? Long term lease? It used to kind of be over there by itself - not so much anymore.
I can't speak to the Extended Stay, but I believe Reber Thomas (or, at least, the site of it) will house academic and office facilities for a variety of programs, especially including nursing and the school of music.
By cruzan_flame13
BlueBlood wrote: April 26th, 2024, 10:58 am Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell Center to The Champion Center?

They did on the construction cam at least.
Yes they did. Should also mentioned that I'm hearing that LU is helping to build a new fire station that would be closer to the campus. I believe it will be around the round about that connect Odd Fellows Rd and Liberty Mountain Dr. Definitely a good area to build things there for residential and commercial purpose.
Baybird, Cider Jim, LUOrange and 1 others liked this
Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]