This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

thepostman wrote:I blame the cops and the flight line crew for all the lame briefings I have to go through annually.
Annually? Gosh, those things were weekly for us. Get done with working 40 hours in 3 days and suddenly we had remount(After work briefing because someone was a knuckle head.)
Class of 20Something wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Bunch of gutterminds...
Prior military law enforcement. I dare you to find a career field more perverse with a darker sense of humor.
Military in general. The MP/SP types were easy targets.......
Back on topic. They're digging out pretty hardcore in front of the IPF. Just spitballing an idea here, could they dig out underneath the student section for lower level access to the existing seats and make the grandstand as well to get that traditional coliseum look on that side of the stadium?

@ballcoach I got out after four. No one can be that bitter for that long and be a mentally stable individual. That career field was some of the best and worst years of my life.
Sly Fox wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:Prior military law enforcement. I dare you to find a career field more perverse with a darker sense of humor.
TV news is right there in the discussion.
Pshhh come work in college and pro athletics(yes even at LU) its getting worse by the year.
ballcoach15 wrote:Reference Military Police, let's be careful how we talk about them. I was one for 20 years.
That explains sooo much
ballcoach15 wrote:Reference Military Police, let's be careful how we talk about them. I was one for 20 years.
Ballcoach, thank you for your service. My Dad was also an MP for 4 years during the Korean War.
thepostman wrote:Taking the easy way out :)

I am kidding of course.
I've always said it isn't my grandfathers Air Force. I'm sure I would have been a lifer then. It's so toxic and political that separation was a relief. My comfy DD214 blanket insulates me from that shenanigans these days.
BJWilliams wrote:Bunch of gutterminds...
Prior military law enforcement. I dare you to find a career field more perverse with a darker sense of humor.
Volunteer EMTs in the middle of nowhere (and when we go to symposium).
thepostman wrote:Taking the easy way out :)

I am kidding of course.
I've always said it isn't my grandfathers Air Force. I'm sure I would have been a lifer then. It's so toxic and political that separation was a relief. My comfy DD214 blanket insulates me from that shenanigans these days.
It's not that bad. It isn't perfect but if you can learn to tune out the foolishness the air force can remain rewarding and fun.

I also work in IT so it's a whole different world. I wouldn't of lasted this long as a military cop or working the flight line. Those guys have it rough.

I'm sure everybody is happy we have taken this thread way off topic.
For those not on campus, lots of construction is going on in DeMoss's first floor. Those big glass cases showing the the 25-year history of LBC/LU are gone, and you can see the original mural that was up in 1985 when they had live turtles walking around.
:oldhag
NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]