This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 15th, 2020, 2:13 pm There are plans to enlarge the lake. There are also plans to build indoor practice facility for softball.

If on campus enrollment is increased, we're going to need acres of additional parking, or several more parking garages.
Plenty of parking now not being used. Just not in center of campus. Like all schools, it’s on the perimeter, then bus from there to interior. Best case scenario.
cruzan_flame13 liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 15th, 2020, 8:02 pm Can non students ride those shuttle buses that run continuously?
I am not aware of any limitations on non student/staff/faculty riding the buses. No ID’s or swipes are needed.

The mountain is high, the valley is low
And you're confused 'bout which to go
So I flew in to give you a hand
And lead you into, the promised land
Come on and take a free ride
Free ride
Come on and take it by my side
Come on and take a free ride!
ballcoach15 liked this
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
2 new cameras online but the labels are t updated.

One appears to be a small outbuilding near fields??? Maybe soccer?

https://www.liberty.edu/aboutliberty/in ... ing-garage

The other looks to be the site for new campus dining near the lake

https://www.liberty.edu/aboutliberty/in ... s-facility
ballcoach15 liked this
By cruzan_flame13
PAmedic wrote: April 9th, 2021, 11:16 am 2 new cameras online but the labels are t updated.

One appears to be a small outbuilding near fields??? Maybe soccer?

https://www.liberty.edu/aboutliberty/in ... ing-garage

The other looks to be the site for new campus dining near the lake

https://www.liberty.edu/aboutliberty/in ... s-facility
The first link is a time lapse of the Runk&Pratt car garage. I do have a question for the second link though. It's about the new Reber-Thomas Cafeteria. Will it be called lakeside [dining] as well or is that just suggesting the camera area of the campus (located by the side of Liberty lake)? I am likely over thinking this :lol: .
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Yeah they did change the link that you’re correct originally it was a little outbuilding at the gun range. You could see that better a couple days later when they framed it up
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 3:29 pm I think the little building is at the gun range.
I don’t even know where the gun range is. Unless it’s still hidden away
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 9:08 pm
I don’t even know where the gun range is. Unless it’s still hidden away
Ballcoach and I know a guy who gives tours for a living, if you want to be coached up about LU's gun range.
ballcoach15 liked this
By cruzan_flame13
badger74 wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 9:20 pm Without JFJr will there be any new construction soon??
Seems like they've halted on some projects. The school of engineering should have already been built although covid protocols may have helped with the delay. All I know is we definitely need to expand the campus with an increase of interest from students around the country.
ballcoach15 liked this
By LUOrange
What are they using the tech building in New London for? They originially said they were going to put the School of Engineering there, but then announced that would build one saying the New London facility was too far from campus.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 10:31 pm I heard they didn’t consult any experts on the gun range and Jerry steamrolled his own ideas, so it’s not usable for competition shooting. It’s facing the wrong direction because Jerry insisted.
That shouldn't be funny but it is.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
New Athletcs Facility Alert!
LibertyFlames.com wrote:Athletics to Benefit from New Liberty Multipurpose Center
May 19, 2021 Lynchburg, Va.

Liberty University has plans to build the Liberty Multipurpose Center, a new multiuse indoor facility that will benefit several Liberty Athletics programs.

Liberty University recently submitted construction plans to the City of Lynchburg for the Liberty Multipurpose Center, a 75,000-square foot facility that will open during the summer of 2022. The facility will be constructed directly behind the recently opened Liberty Indoor Tennis Center.

"The Liberty Multipurpose Center will serve a variety of campus programming needs including athletics, club sports, intramural sports and summer camps," said Director of Athletics Ian McCaw. "More specifically, the flexible space will be invaluable to our fall and spring sports teams especially during inclement weather."

From a Liberty Athletics standpoint, the Flames baseball, softball, men's and women's soccer and women's lacrosse programs will reap the largest benefit.
Click Here for Full Story

How many old hags recall the prior facility that had this name?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: May 19th, 2021, 12:18 pm Was the Schilling the old multi-purpose building or was it before the Schilling?
The Schilling was the Multipurpose Building. The names were used interchangeably back at the turn of the century
LUOrange liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Prior to the Vines Center opening, the Liberty Multipurpose Center was used for basketball, volleyball and Chapel. After the opening of VInes, it changed names to Schilling.

As for this new complex, this should be a great recruiting tool for baseball, soccer and lax. Practicing in all weather conditions is really significant in rainy seasons like we experience on the mountain in spring and fall.
By LU 57
Sly Fox wrote: May 19th, 2021, 11:59 am New Athletcs Facility Alert!
LibertyFlames.com wrote:Athletics to Benefit from New Liberty Multipurpose Center
May 19, 2021 Lynchburg, Va.

Liberty University has plans to build the Liberty Multipurpose Center, a new multiuse indoor facility that will benefit several Liberty Athletics programs.

Liberty University recently submitted construction plans to the City of Lynchburg for the Liberty Multipurpose Center, a 75,000-square foot facility that will open during the summer of 2022. The facility will be constructed directly behind the recently opened Liberty Indoor Tennis Center.

"The Liberty Multipurpose Center will serve a variety of campus programming needs including athletics, club sports, intramural sports and summer camps," said Director of Athletics Ian McCaw. "More specifically, the flexible space will be invaluable to our fall and spring sports teams especially during inclement weather."

From a Liberty Athletics standpoint, the Flames baseball, softball, men's and women's soccer and women's lacrosse programs will reap the largest benefit.
Click Here for Full Story

How many old hags recall the prior facility that had this name?
Oh I remember playing pick-up hoops and going to Chapel in there. I believe Vines opened late-1990?
By LU 57
Sly Fox wrote: May 19th, 2021, 12:44 pm Prior to the Vines Center opening, the Liberty Multipurpose Center was used for basketball, volleyball and Chapel. After the opening of VInes, it changed names to Schilling.

As for this new complex, this should be a great recruiting tool for baseball, soccer and lax. Practicing in all weather conditions is really significant in rainy seasons like we experience on the mountain in spring and fall.
We actually used it for football on occasion as well. I remember being laser timed in the 40 in there one year. I think that was fairly cutting edge then🤣
LUOrange liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]