This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Veritas
A few around the campus pictures from our CFAW weekend, reflecting recent and ongoing construction, among other photos. I didn’t realize that the four south campus dorms on the circle were re-roofed to match the hill dorms—perhaps they aren’t slated for demolition in the near future. For non-natives, I also included the basketball club section and the new football cabanas.

TallyW, Baybird, Sly Fox and 2 others liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The 2 pics after the football stadium are of the new cafeteria that is supposed to open for the fall 2023 semester!
Veritas liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I assume the last one is of Dorms 25-28. The roof definitely changes of the appearance of those old buildings. Along with several other posters on here, I was in those dorms when they first opened up and 25 & 26 were for men.
Veritas, Just John liked this
By Veritas
The new cafeteria will be a substantial improvement, particularly with outdoor patio dining as an option. It’s stunning in person and much larger in human scale terms than its appearance on the construction cams.

The food quality was pretty good, notwithstanding conspiracy theories on LU parent Facebook groups that food quality is amped up during CFAW and ExperienceLU.

Re: dorms, correct, 25-28. Out with the flat roofs, in with the trendy black metal pitched roof!
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
At one time there was discussion of a commons area being built between 25-26 and 27-28. Don’t know if they put it on hold or decided against it.
By BlueBlood
Anybody else notice that work at the Jerry Falwell Center seems to have stopped? They dug a hole in the ground months ago and then haven't done anything since. Has anyone heard an explanation?

On the other end of the spectrum - they are already doing site prep for Commons 4.
By LUOrange
ballcoach15 wrote: March 15th, 2023, 2:43 pm The old TRBC was "given" to a black church. I don't know if ownership was transferred, or if it is some type of lease.
I think that there are multiple tenants at the old TRBC/LCA property. I know the Ramp Church uses the sanctuary and the City Schools use or used the old LCA as an alternative school. I think LU still owns it, but I'm not entirely sure.

As an Alumnus, it'd be a travesty if they no longer owned it. They ought to be utilizing it in some form or fashion since those were the buildings that birthed Liberty. The Jerry Center and Seminary would be perfect out there.
Purple Haize liked this
By BlueBlood
Yes, it looks like Commons IV construction has jumped ahead of the JFC, despite the JFC being started many months ago. Now, IV is a much bigger project, so I'm not saying that it will stay ahead. But, its ahead for now.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Is the new cafeteria going to be called "Lakeview Dining"?
By cruzan_flame13
Renovations for field hockey is happening before the start of the season:

https://www.liberty.edu/about/?construc ... ld-house-2

I always thought they should create outer core made of brick that would align with the bleachers. Apply the same idea for lacrosse. Make it look really nice for drivers passing by. I mean, this is one of the teams that is nationally known and respected Play Hockey .
rtb72, LUOrange liked this
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]