This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I think I'm going to start a new thread titled, Tally name 3 things you like about Liberty...it might not be filled out until next year, but being on this board must mean you love LU for some reason it just seems like your dogs always on the other side coming at us on Liberty Mtn.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I think the main reason he likes me is that I'm charming, witty and darned good looking.

thats ok, too.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
1. I love Liberty because when I was 4 weeks into my freshman year my grandfather died at about 3a.m. one Wednesday night. By 3:30a.m. there was a line of about 35 guys from my hall waiting to come in and encourage me. Many prayed with me, some gave gas money and all loved on me with Christ's love. This was the day I decided I loved LU.

2. I love Liberty for it's Christian emphasis and education. Most Christian schools are very poor quality and offer little to nothing in the way of intellectual pursuit. If you have been at LU very long you will read from every side of the argument... not just a Kool-Aid version of one side.

3. I love Liberty because of vision. I love seeing expansion, growth, excellence, unity, encouragement, etc.

My list runs a lot longer than 3. Including my relationships with various faculty and staff over the years, the fact that my wife's family and a cousin of mine live in Lynchburg along with many friends, not to mention the fact that I worked at TRBC for several years, the camp, etc.

HMO--- go read my other posts. You're short-sighted by reading one thread and then saying something that obviously makes you out to be ignorant. Click on my profile, find my other posts and you'll see that what I've written here isn't an anti-LU thread. It's a "Christians should know how their government works before they blast the city in an open forum" thread at the same time they acknowledge the fact that the general public has a hard time with LU to begin with and we need to build bridges (no pun intended) with the community. One of the things that makes the general public sick is when we speak out of ignorance or feelings without knowing the facts. It makes Christians look stupid and JFM and LU look like bullies to the town.

I think if you took the time to read other threads you'd see I'm a huge supporter and have spoken extensively with regard to supporting the University. I've gotten on newbies who cry about construction, I've discussed the fact that we need to put up or shutup regarding supporting the school, etc. I didn't realize that disagreeing with 2 guys over city ordaninces means you've got your dogs coming at LU....
I thouht it meant that a board is for discussion and therefore you discuss. You make people think. You correct opinion and feelings with fact. Didn't think any of that had to do with someone's appreciation for a University.... c'mon HMO... :)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
OK, now you are hitting close to home. When were you in Corpus, Tally? I was there from '90-96.

And you are a welcome poster on this site, Tally. This forum encourages its members to challenge one another to strengthen resolve. Now that doesn't mean its cool for unregistered fly-by artists to make baseless potshots without factual support. But open dialogue is appreciated.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
Sly,
You were gone... I was there 2000-2002.

Pamedic and I made up :)

No kissing involved but we are okay to play in the same sandbox. Neither of us had hard feelings. Honestly I appreciate the dialogue on the board. Sometimes we can be afraid of debate but that's where good ideas are formed. If this forum becomes one where threads are discussed and debated you may find that we can come to some solid conclusions that would benefit the University.

As long as we don't get personal in our discussions it is healthy. I blog regularly and I know that the blogging world is the same way.

Sly I think you found me on my blog and invited me. Medic, Blame it on sly. :lol:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I remember inviting you. But I didn't remember any LU ties to Corpus. I love that dumpy little oasis by the sea. I still have a ton of friends and even some family down there. Its one of the few places I could see me moving back to someday.

The Ryans are friends of mine and I was sort of an unpaid consultant on Corpus when they were convincing the city to build that beautiful Whataburger Stadium. I wasn't shocked when it was an overwhelming success. The arena is actually the biggest surprise to me. I didn't think all those retirees in Corpus would ever spend a penny of taxpayer money for that place. My family heads down to Port A as often as possible.

*** We now return this highjacked thread to its original topic ***
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
Good Job Scorcho!

Now... Those of you in Lynchburg... hurry up and get some people on the ballot for city counsel and replace the city manager.... Then we won't have to worry about threads like this in the future...
Election 2022 and 2024

Oh. You were serious. I see a lot of chatter fro[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Venzant is transferring to Abilene Christian, a co[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]