This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU and TRBC should ban the skinny jeans "on stage". I want to say this started in the School of Music, with musicans and singers trying to make a fashion statement.
The Bible says, be not of the world.
TH Spangler liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Skinny jeans are a sidebar here. You turned out to be right about Jr's lack of spiritual leadership. Don't over look others that might be outside of Doc's vision. Leaders need to be solid bible teachers like the "1971" leaders were. Save 71, right?
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Nasser should wear a suit, instead of dressing down, to look like a member of a punk rock n roll band.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 13th, 2020, 8:05 pm Nasser should wear a suit, instead of dressing down, to look like a member of a punk rock n roll band.
WHOA...don’t you EVER confuse that guy with the likes of Sid Vicious Joe Strummer or Johnny Rotten
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Of the church attire that article describes, I see each one, every Sunday at TRBC.

Personally, I can't comprehend wearing anything to church but a "coat & tie" or a suit.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 14th, 2020, 3:19 pm And you let that slide?? Come on man, stick to your convictions!

(I'm joking, please don't do anything)
His backslide will be tolerated until he shows up in ladies pants. :lol:
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:
I've spoken to a number of solid LU alums. All of them said they would like someone new in Nasser's place. If he's selecting convo speakers I agree.
The thing is, most of us actually agree with you. It’s just that we use more logical reasons to explain our position rather than crying about someone who doesn’t wear a perfect coat and jacket to church every Sunday.

I’d hate to see what you guys do or say to visitors who don’t show up in “church clothes” at your local church.
By Class of 20Something
TH Spangler wrote: October 24th, 2020, 4:31 am
Class of 20Something wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 9:13 pm Is this three or four pages of skinny jeans?
I've spoken to a number of solid LU alums. All of them said they would like someone new in Nasser's place. If he's selecting convo speakers I agree.
Thus 14 of the 18 pages of this thread. But let's not pretend that fashion is a legitimate criticism of the current SVP of Spiritual Development or a requirement of any future candidates for the position.

I think it's also important to recognize that the position isn't for us. Obviously the grown ups have to pick someone spiritually sound but the nature of the position is to relate to the students.
LU 57 liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 9:21 am

The thing is, most of us actually agree with you. It’s just that we use more logical reasons to explain our position rather than crying about someone who doesn’t wear a perfect coat and jacket to church every Sunday.

I’d hate to see what you guys do or say to visitors who don’t show up in “church clothes” at your local church.

I haven't worn a tie to church since I left LU in '82 when it was mandatory. Born and raised in SoCal and I was not going back to the fundy world. Conservative evangelical church, absolutely. Legalistic fundies, not on your life.
Last edited by Just John on October 24th, 2020, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Class of 20Something
jbock13 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 9:21 am
TH Spangler wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote: Is this three or four pages of skinny jeans?

Exactly. It's a good thing Christ didn't wait for us to fulfil some absurd dogma before coming to save us.

That's exactly the kind of "religion" that isn't based in scripture but has pushed so many away from Christ.
Just John liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Wow, that's kind of wild.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/10[…]

Athens Regional

Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]