This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I've been around a long time, but I have never figured out who "writes the dress codes" or decides what style is "in". My biggest question is , who decided that males under age 40 have to grow a beard ?

I've never liked the NY Yankees but I love their policy on no facial hair. All teams should adopt that policy.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
I've never liked the NY Yankees but I love their policy on no facial hair. All teams should adopt that policy.
I have a beard.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I believe the plaid green slacks were in the 9th or 10th grade. By my sr year everyone had gone disco. Platform shoes, open shirts, necklaces. Way to much polyester for me! That's when I said see ya. straight leg Levi's, flannel shirts and Dickie work boots fo me 🤣

Seriously though, adult Christian leaders have to walk a fine line. There's not much space between leading and following.
Last edited by TH Spangler on October 10th, 2020, 5:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 9th, 2020, 2:43 pm I've never liked the NY Yankees but I love their policy on no facial hair. All teams should adopt that policy.
With that policy, even Jesus coudn't have played for the Yankees. :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: October 9th, 2020, 5:28 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 9th, 2020, 2:43 pm I've never liked the NY Yankees but I love their policy on no facial hair. All teams should adopt that policy.
With that policy, even Jesus coudn't have played for the Yankees. :dontgetit
Lots of SF guys have them too. Maybe that’s the difference between say Rangers and........
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 9th, 2020, 2:43 pm I've been around a long time, but I have never figured out who "writes the dress codes" or decides what style is "in". My biggest question is , who decided that males under age 40 have to grow a beard ?

Never liked the Yankees? That's un-American.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 9th, 2020, 2:43 pm I've been around a long time, but I have never figured out who "writes the dress codes" or decides what style is "in".
Gucci :dontgetit

Looks like high waters are coming back. :lol:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Designers change styles so consumers have “reason” to buy new clothes. I’ve noticed it with suit styles. Relaxed and double-breasted was the thing, fast forward and now it’s all slim fit and high waters. Weird. But follow the money!
By rtb72
There is nothing more stylish than the "Member's Only" jackets. I still get laughs that I kept mine. It's coming back with the parachute pants....then the laugh is on them :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: October 10th, 2020, 9:36 am There is nothing more stylish than the "Member's Only" jackets. I still get laughs that I kept mine. It's coming back with the parachute pants....then the laugh is on them :D
Throw on some Jordache or Calvin Klein jeans and now you’re talking!
rtb72 liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 9th, 2020, 12:40 pm I saw this earlier and instantly thought of this thread. I never understood where this focus on skinny jeans came from. Now I get it. These are the guys ballcoach must be listening to...

I saw that on Twitter as well. Skinny jeans are the new "long hair" for fundie's. :roll:
Jonathan Carone liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
They should go out of style soon. Peewee Herman introduced them in the late 80's I believe. I think he was wearing a pair when he was arrested in 1991 :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: October 12th, 2020, 1:44 am
thepostman wrote: October 9th, 2020, 12:40 pm I saw this earlier and instantly thought of this thread. I never understood where this focus on skinny jeans came from. Now I get it. These are the guys ballcoach must be listening to...

I saw that on Twitter as well. Skinny jeans are the new "long hair" for fundie's. :roll:
Amen. Nasser needs to watch this video, along with others.
By ElmersTwin
ballcoach15 wrote: October 12th, 2020, 9:24 am
Just John wrote: October 12th, 2020, 1:44 am

Amen. Nasser needs to watch this video, along with others.
Be careful what you wish for. Mom jeans have been back in full force, and before you know it JNCO jeans will return.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
It’s crazy how fast that pendulum swung. When I was in high school, it was zippers, chains, and pant legs you could fit your whole body into. Just a couple years later, when I was in college, kids were wearing girl jeans because they didn’t yet make boy jeans skinny enough.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:Dr Voddie, a real roll model. Check out his miniseries FB cover photo. :lol:

https://facebook.com/VoddieBaucham
You’ve got a real case of puppy love for this guy.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Reminds me of how you thought Jerry could do no wrong. Let's just transfer that to another guy
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: October 12th, 2020, 1:26 pm Reminds me of how you thought Jerry could do no wrong. Let's just transfer that to another guy
I should have known better when jr started showing up in skinny jeans. Learned my lesson. :lol:
Last edited by TH Spangler on October 13th, 2020, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
A couple of things, Dr. Voddie has as much chance as being the guy as i do. Next, it doesn't matter what kind of jeans, nasser wears, doesn't wear...... same with socks. The wardrobe means nothing, he is an over-paid, coward, and a mean person, who should be removed yesterday. Until he is removed, I don't see LU recovering spiritually from our recent debacle with Jr. that happened and was enabled by DN, IMHO. A waste of good air.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: October 12th, 2020, 1:26 pm Reminds me of how you thought Jerry could do no wrong. Let's just transfer that to another guy
Let's just say lesson learned. :oops: I should have seen the warning signs. And yes for me, skinny leg jeans on "adult" leaders is questionable. I know kids will be kids and that you have to engage culture to reach people but it's easy to let culture negatively affect you. I gave leadership the benefit of the doubt, but they did seem to be more and more caught up with pop culture, public figures, hanging out with Hollywood and rock legends. No, I'm not ok with social justice theology OR pop culture theology :lol:

There are area where you can engage culture effectively. Sports is at the top of my list of course. :football Politics is a necessary evil as well.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: October 12th, 2020, 1:50 pm A couple of things, Dr. Voddie has as much chance as being the guy as i do. Next, it doesn't matter what kind of jeans, nasser wears, doesn't wear...... same with socks. The wardrobe means nothing, he is an over-paid, coward, and a mean person, who should be removed yesterday. Until he is removed, I don't see LU recovering spiritually from our recent debacle with Jr. that happened and was enabled by DN, IMHO. A waste of good air.
How about Dr Voddie to the board to help bring some clarity on current day issues and prevent enablers. :idea:
2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]