This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
http://ow.ly/i/8iZE

a couple days ago, obviously. Any updated shots? Nothing on the social media that I've seen.

I like the composition though- out with the old*, in with the new. Welcome to LU.

*old: being relative

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
peanut butter & jelly.

and thats no excuse.

PS: really could've used that windbreaker the other day
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Are there any pictures of what the new building will look like?
By NG33
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote:Are there any pictures of what the new building will look like?
I've heard reports that it might look a little like this....
By logic
Do we have a timetable for any of these projects besides the next two years? Obviously the visitors center is going ahead now, but what about the other major plans?
There hasnt been any update since the LAST time you asked that logic...Im sure that they are working that out but my guess is they wont say anything about a given project until they know they can. They did the study on the area where they were going to put the new facilities on the mountain and found (if I remember correctly) no rock there so they couldnt work over there. If they had given a exact timeline on it before they did that they would have been accused of poor planning.
The article in the journal says that the visitors center will be complete this fall. They don't mention any of the other projects. Hope that helps, logic.
(See BJ, it's not that hard to be nice with a reply to someone's straightforward question).
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:The article in the journal says that the visitors center will be complete this fall. They don't mention any of the other projects. Hope that helps, logic.
(See BJ, it's not that hard to be nice with a reply to someone's straightforward question).
And without going crazy on them.
Jon and flamehunter, if you think that response is me going crazy, you havent seen me when Im genuinely hacked off at someone/something.
BJWilliams wrote:Jon and flamehunter, if you think that response is me going crazy, you havent seen me when Im genuinely hacked off at someone/something.
Nor do I want to. Life's too short to let little stuff get to you. We all love you man. :)
BJWilliams wrote:Jon and flamehunter, if you think that response is me going crazy, you havent seen me when Im genuinely hacked off at someone/something.
I think they want to be bumped up the list. That ought to show em.
By logic
Yes, I did ask twice. That is what you do when no one answers you the first time. Obviously JLFJR cannot speak but perhaps someone else knows some inside info they can leak "off the record." It is a form of torture really, announcing all these amazing projects and then zero for the past two months. LU certainly knows how to use suspense!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Come on, logic. We waited 10-15 years between major projects on campus before these heady past years. Just knowing something is coming satisfies me right now. Then again, the older I get the more patience I have for most things in life outside of FBS membership.

:wink:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I can fully appreciate the administrations reluctance to publish a firm timetable for these projects. There are a lot of variables involved, and "timetables" soon become "deadlines" and then if the "deadlines" are not met, you have the naysayers piling on. Look what happened with the stadium upgrade. I think it's better to just report the progress as it actually happens.
I watched that Monday on Liberty Channel, but it was difficult to see the campus rendering that was displayed on the big screens at Vines. Anybody know if the rendering that detailed the proposed construction is posted anywhere online. I haven't been able to find it.
Yeah I couldn't really tell what was what. I bet that picture is somewhere on the website. Also, I don't think he mentioned down across from the ice rink.
5 plus 7 model

Process of elimination... Why is ND left with 2 g[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now :[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]