This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

User avatar
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
#93607
I retrospect I can see where the comments might have been over the top.
By shukcb04
Registration Days Posts
#93632
El Scorcho wrote:
shukcb04 wrote:I'm not about to claim to be an expert on taxes, but I believe there are quite a few taxes that a non-Virginia Liberty student doesnt pay...
So what's your point? I didn't claim that they pay every tax possible. I'm only saying that there's a lot of tax revenue coming in from those students spending nine months out of the year here. No matter how you slice it, the city is making a pretty penny in taxes off of them while they live here, and I think that ought to result in some form of representation.
Well the city also brings in quite a bit of tax money from people under the age of 18 as well, that doesn't mean they should be allowed to vote for paying a lot of taxes.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
#93634
Most of the people under 18 are spending mom and dad's money.
By shukcb04
Registration Days Posts
#93637
SuperJon wrote:Most of the people under 18 are spending mom and dad's money.
a lot of them actually work and spend the money they earn though.
LU v. Delaware

Two nice games under our belts. I was impressed wi[…]

LU v. Ball State Thread

All the wannabe coaches, experts, and keyboard coo[…]