This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
Which day did it air on the Colbert Report?
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
I am asking b/c iTunes had digital downloads available
By topcat86
Registration Days Posts
You may need to add another link for the Debate Team - seeing Dr. Falwell considers it the "19th sport at LU" ! Great interview!
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I was out of the country and ran into a Duke student and told him where I went to school and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Ohh yeah yall are #1 in debate"

Not to mention I was in the middle of Mexico and ran into a buddy of mine in some classes with me at LU...that was crazy
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
ok, we're all jealous of your and your extravagant vacation! no need to lord it over us! :lol:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
middle of Mexico
OK, I'll bite. Where were you? Ciudad de Mexico, Guadalajara, Guanajuato?
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Yeah yeah medic! (p.s. did I see you compete on Pro's Vs Joe's?....that guy really did look like you)

I said middle, but it really was on the coast at Costa Maya, right beside Cancun...see, most dont know this but I'm a travel agent too (mainly do it so I can go dirt cheap) but I can allow my fellow Flamefanner's go dirt cheap too
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That's practically Belize ... not exactly in the "middle".

Did you work in a side trip to Xcaret? I love that place.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
I'll keep that in mind HMO ... hmm... where do I want to go?
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
We went to Belize, Costa Maya & Key West...it was actually a cruise Sly...I LOVE Belize, and cant wait to go back, Costa Maya was unreal with water you can walk out a mile and still be knee deep and no matter how deep you can see the bottom (which was good for me b/c I lost my Oakley's about 3 times and had to dive down and get them) I think I liked Belize a little more b/c it's a lot like Jamaica and the Cave Tubing was great

although Costa Maya had some great prices on some Cuban's...smuggling was easier than I thought it would be! :shock: :lol: 8)
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thanks for the notice- I just booked a 7 day cruise to the South Carribean.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
7-days in South Caribbean? Sounds like a terrific honeymoon to me. You'll have a blast.
2024 Season Thread

Dominant win today. If Dale Layer’s team ca[…]

Liberty University remembers longtime supporter[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Doesn't affect us at all, but our former Big S[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I get that 3 star recruits are becoming the norm f[…]