This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

I can’t wait till the pay faculty and staff what other colleges and universities that LU wants to compete with pay theirs
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:Love it Ballcoach - get out ahead of P5 schools any where you can and SB Program already earned it - I watch every game I can last 3 years and find it way more compelling than baseball due to pace. Hope they make it to OKC for the big one soon so I can go watch them in person.
Save me a seat
ballcoach15 wrote:There are plans for it. Coach Richardson showed me where it is to be built. (Left side of stadium).
Thanks sumitup for the links!

Ballcoach, it sound like the admin respects the program even if there isn't a huge following. You're right, a facility like that could help sustain top 25 rankings.
Purple Haize wrote:I can’t wait till the pay faculty and staff what other colleges and universities that LU wants to compete with pay theirs
Well, based on the salary info posted in Lynchburg Life, they do pay Falwell family members pretty well. I’m sure it’s all based on skills and experience.
News & Advance online has a story about 9 story parking garage on campus east. Complete with the rendering. Supposed to be done by 2021
I’m too lazy to cut and paste the link but I saw it while I was sitting on the throne the other day so it’s a couple days old now anyway
PAmedic wrote:News & Advance online has a story about 9 story parking garage on campus east. Complete with the rendering. Supposed to be done by 2021
I’m too lazy to cut and paste the link but I saw it while I was sitting on the throne the other day so it’s a couple days old now anyway
Finally! Hopefully the first of many
alabama24 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Finally! Hopefully the first of many
Ahem. The second of many. :lol:
Shows you how many times I park on campus :D
I heard Wednesday that a new residential house is being built on top of Candlers Mountain. I had heard this rumor several months ago, and I think there might have seen a post reference this.
ALUmnus wrote:News regarding the School of Engineering building. Will break ground this fall, be ready in a couple years. I've heard in the past that it will be built in the bookstore parking lot, but the article says "across from DeMoss Hall".
The artist rendering is a little underwhelming, but maybe that's because the standard has been set so high.

https://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=18495&mid=312334

Trying to use the bit of DeMoss in the picture and the tower as reference points, and knowing how close the highway is, it sure looks like they are basically building this in the DeMoss parking lot. It must be snuggled up pretty tight. It looks like it basically is laid out diagonally between DeMoss and the new Business building, with the left wing parallel to DeMoss and the right wing lining up at the same angle as the angled end of the Business building.

If that positioning is correct, then It really encroaches on the grand entrance on the "old side" of DeMoss, which seems awkward. But, that probably just means that DeMoss then gets a refresh on that side to bring it up to speed with everything new around it.
BlueBlood wrote:
ALUmnus wrote:News regarding the School of Engineering building. Will break ground this fall, be ready in a couple years. I've heard in the past that it will be built in the bookstore parking lot, but the article says "across from DeMoss Hall".
The artist rendering is a little underwhelming, but maybe that's because the standard has been set so high.

https://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=18495&mid=312334

Trying to use the bit of DeMoss in the picture and the tower as reference points, and knowing how close the highway is, it sure looks like they are basically building this in the DeMoss parking lot. It must be snuggled up pretty tight. It looks like it basically is laid out diagonally between DeMoss and the new Business building, with the left wing parallel to DeMoss and the right wing lining up at the same angle as the angled end of the Business building.

If that positioning is correct, then It really encroaches on the grand entrance on the "old side" of DeMoss, which seems awkward. But, that probably just means that DeMoss then gets a refresh on that side to bring it up to speed with everything new around it.
Rumor I had was it was going to displace the bookstore... is that true?
By Old Red
I tend to agree with BlueBlood. it looks like you can see the corner of Demoss closest to Vines, and on the other side it looks like you can see a piece of dorm 23 on the hill. They may have to tweak the road a little more, but I think it could work.
tyndal23 wrote:No - it isn’t in Demoss parking lot - it is where the bookstore and parking is now - north of school of business and right across from stadium main entrance.
Now that you say that, the landmarks in the picture work from that angle too. I think that’s where most folks thought it was supposed to be, but the article saying across from DeMoss threw us off. The parking lot makes more sense. It would have been squished on the other side.
tyndal23 wrote:No - it isn’t in Demoss parking lot - it is where the bookstore and parking is now - north of school of business and right across from stadium main entrance.
So you are saying the artist's rendering is inaccurate?
I think you can make an argument either way with the photo. If the photo shows the new building across from DeMoss (like the article says), then you see the left front corner of DeMoss in the background. If the building is on the other side of the new Business building (in the parking lot, like most folks thought it was prior to reading the article) , then you see the right front corner of DeMoss. Either way, those are the dorms on the hill, just from different angles. If its the second option, then I don't think the picture takes into consideration the new Business builing, because I think it would obstruct the view of DeMoss.

I give up. I guess we will know soon enough.
By tyndal23
Just look at aerial photo section of LU website - there simply isn’t room on South Side of School of Business - has to be to the North. If it is North where the bookstore is - looks like there is room for an additional building of similar size due west ( computer science ? - which was originally going to be a larger shared building with school of business )
tyndal23 wrote:Just look at aerial photo section of LU website - there simply isn’t room on South Side of School of Business - has to be to the North. If it is North where the bookstore is - looks like there is room for an additional building of similar size due west ( computer science ? - which was originally going to be a larger shared building with school of business )
I mentioned that earlier on this thread and I was called the millennial Ballcoach. guess folks don't like to dig into what LU has given to us and just call folks names. It's all good though lol.

It does make sense to place the building on the north side but this is Liberty. If they do continue with the idea of a school for computer Science ( which was planned to be part of the school of Engineering), it would be a good idea to have them both near each other. I wonder if they'll place anything in the parking spaces behind Doc's now since the arena is now connected with Vines.
I am totally confused as to where this new building will be, but I assumed it would be south of School of Business, based on what I had read.

But I have been focused on site of softball practice facility, in which location has been changed from original plans. It will now be between the stadium and parking garage, on east end of the softball parking lot. This is according to sources.
G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

If the new players picks up on the pack line def[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]