This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.
By Cider Jim
ballcoach15 wrote:I am amazed at the number of people I have met who live in Forest and take 221 when going to LU

I take 221 to 501 South.
By Class of 20Something
#552433 Fencing is up for the vines expansion
By rogers3
ballcoach15 wrote:What is purpose of hearings ?

Thehearings are mainly to have LU explain how the construction will impact the area- mainly in the way of traffic. Should sail smoothly through Planning and Council. This is part of the process that LU follows with the zoning they have. The city would basically monitor to ensure that LU follows their master plan and doesn't exceed the parameters that they set for themselves.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:I would like to see all of them go out at one time, and stay off for about 4 hours, just to see the impact on traffic.

Then they become 4 way stops, but none of the idiots around here know that.
By Purple Haize
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I would like to see all of them go out at one time, and stay off for about 4 hours, just to see the impact on traffic.

Then they become 4 way stops, but none of the idiots around here know that.

I’m with ballcoach on this one. So long as I am NOT in it but can just watch. I’m sadistic like that
By rogers3
#552547 The arena passed planning without a problem. Really nice looking facility- had a great retractable seatback design that allowed the floor to really open up. I hope we have games one day that draw 7,8,9000, but this will be a great venue for our typical attendance.