This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.
By cruzan_flame13
rogers3 wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote: Also, I've been told about a possible round-about by north campus (where the stop lights are located).

Hey that will necessitate a first for LU... a real roundabout!

From the sketches, it includes a fountain in the middle too. Also, the parking spaces by the LaHay ice center would be grass/pathways leading to a parking garage. Then they might be a facility behind the ice center (although that may have been where the nanatorium and gymnasium was supposed to be located).
By Purple Haize
rogers3 wrote:
badger74 wrote: The avg starting salary for a biz prof that pass AACSB muster is around $115K. They pretty much all need to have a PhD from another AACSB school. Basically starting from ground zero.

Nothing but the crickets, now! Sometimes I wonder if some on here really do live in an LU bubble.

You know you don't actually wonder. You KNOW!
By rogers3
Purple Haize wrote:
rogers3 wrote:
badger74 wrote: The avg starting salary for a biz prof that pass AACSB muster is around $115K. They pretty much all need to have a PhD from another AACSB school. Basically starting from ground zero.

Nothing but the crickets, now! Sometimes I wonder if some on here really do live in an LU bubble.

You know you don't actually wonder. You KNOW!

:lol:
By ballah09
rogers3 wrote:

btw anyone see that Trey is now in a senior leadership role? Maybe it's old news but it's new to me.
By Class of 20Something
ballah09 wrote:Yup

http://www.liberty.edu/aboutliberty/index.cfm?PID=6911

VP of operations. From a frozen yogurt shop owner to holding a senior leadership position. I Guess he's preparing him to be the next president. :dontgetit

My wife works in a department under his sphere of influence. They aren't running her department into the ground. Morale is high. He isn't micromanaging. He might not have the right experience but he's doing a much better job than the leadership at LUO. The departments he's over are known by LU employees has the havens.
By Purple Haize
ballah09 wrote:
rogers3 wrote:

btw anyone see that Trey is now in a senior leadership role? Maybe it's old news but it's new to me.

Yep. Old news I hope he does a good job.
By Purple Haize
rogers3 wrote:Nepotism is bad...LU takes it to another level. Why would anyone NOT question the credibility of our leadership? ORU in the making.

Well, LU already has a Son taking over for the Father and a large tower in the middle of campus. ORU had the City of Faith Medical Center and School. LU has the new DO school. At this point, LU is missing a large set of praying hands and ORU is missing an FBS football team.

One of the many problems with nepotism is that people underneath on the 'corporate ladder' know the top rungs are already reserved. So instead of focusing their efforts on making the consumer of that company's product happy they focus on making the person with the right last name happy.
I'm positive that there is a nice section on it in an O and A book around here somewhere......
By rogers3
TH Spangler wrote:I like where LU is now! :idea:

I'm sure folks like Charles Spence, Neal Askew, Emily Heady, et al do as well. In the excitement of all the sports and campus growth, the employees and the vision of the school are considered relatively worthless (unless you are a person who is happy being a butt-kissing stuffed shirt).

One question- when was it determined that the school is owned by the Falwell family? I've wondered why the board refuses to have input in the leadership of the school. One might argue the ownership aspect, but it is a unique case- a non-profit school that has a board that serves at the request of a President and has no input or power to control the direction of the institution. I'm surprised that there is so little governance or input by outside organizations; the school has been built on student debt backed by the government, but is essentially a family business. I wonder if I can turn my business into some kind of non-profit...
By ballah09
#529458 Maybe when the time comes for a new president Liberty will go outside the bubble. I just hope they never get into a Richard Roberts situation. As it showed with ORU, a university shouldn't be a family matter. Unless they have the credentials.
By Purple Haize
ballah09 wrote:Maybe when the time comes for a new president Liberty will go outside the bubble. I just hope they never get into a Richard Roberts situation. As it showed with ORU, a university shouldn't be a family matter. Unless they have the credentials.

Look whose got jokes :mrgreen:
By BJWilliams
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballah09 wrote:Yup

http://www.liberty.edu/aboutliberty/index.cfm?PID=6911

VP of operations. From a frozen yogurt shop owner to holding a senior leadership position. I Guess he's preparing him to be the next president. :dontgetit

My wife works in a department under his sphere of influence. They aren't running her department into the ground. Morale is high. He isn't micromanaging. He might not have the right experience but he's doing a much better job than the leadership at LUO. The departments he's over are known by LU employees has the havens.

Sounds like we ought to give him a chance instead of dismissing him just because his last name is Falwell...he doesn't seem to be cut from the same cloth as Jr even as his son.
By Class of 20Something
#529860 Was just looking at this image and noticed something small that makes a huge difference. There is an off ramp from 29N/460E straight into the middle of East Campus. With the idea of two parking garages on East, this could ease some of the pregame traffic. It also has a better angle of our mystery tower by Demoss and Vines.

https://www.vmdo.com/img/project-featur ... an_1_A.JPG
By rogers3
rhezick wrote:Interesting. Looks like it's just a smidge bigger than demoss. Maybe more of a large monument/memorial rather than an actual tower?

My guess...

1. Monument to Trump
2. Monument to Jr.
By Purple Haize
rogers3 wrote:
rhezick wrote:Interesting. Looks like it's just a smidge bigger than demoss. Maybe more of a large monument/memorial rather than an actual tower?

My guess...

1. Monument to Trump
2. Monument to Jr.

Why not both? Maybe toss Godwin in there