This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Talk about your marquee football games to bring back some alumni ... it will actually be homecoming for the opposing coach when Richmond rolls into Williams Stadium on October 4th.

We have already booked our favorite cottage in Lynchburg to establish it as the Fox's Den that weekend. The only down side is that it will probably be too early to see the leaves change colors.

I would encourage everyone on here to book your stays now before the prices shoot up. You can probably get a rocking price on Priceline or Hotwire before the hotels update their price structures based on the football schedule.

Incidentally, HMO has done a fantastic job turning Homecoming into an awesome experience for that weekend. My kids are jazzed to get back this fall.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: Incidentally, HMO has done a fantastic job turning Homecoming into an awesome experience for that weekend. My kids are jazzed to get back this fall.
I agree! :clapping :cheerleader :football
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I suspect he is hard at work booking all of the cool stuff he's brought in the past few years leading up to the game. The carnival has been awesome. I suspect there will be a Homecoming 2014 page up on the official website soon.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I will be there without a doubt. I thought it would be easy to get to lynchburg regularly now that I live in DC but that has not been the case. This is something I will be marking on my calendar without a doubt. I haven't been do homecoming since graduating in '08 so I would dare say I am do. I look forward to running into you guys.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The quality of the Homecoming experience has gone up a bunch the past few years. But hotel rooms are tough to find and even tougher to get at a decent rate. Book now and you might get a room before the prices are jacked up as much as double in some cases.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Definitely gonna bring the wife and son again for this one. HMO has really upgraded the homecoming experience to be sure. hopefully Michael will be able to experience the carnival this year
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Should be at least 2 additional hotels open by that time. The Hampton by the airport and another one going up where Hams was. Don't know what the name of that one is.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Should be at least 2 additional hotels open by that time. The Hampton by the airport and another one going up where Hams was. Don't know what the name of that one is.
PA is hoping its one of those 'Charge by Hour' places :shock:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
flamehunter wrote:Should be at least 2 additional hotels open by that time. The Hampton by the airport and another one going up where Hams was. Don't know what the name of that one is.
PA is hoping its one of those 'Charge by Hour' places :shock:
aka: SMOOTHIE residence
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
If the new Hampton construction is any indication, the new hotel at the Hams location is still about three years away from completion.
By DB89
Registration Days Posts
I have 20 acres of timberland in Concord with amenities if anyone needs a place for a camper etc. Beautiful location. FlameFans welcome. We have a kitchen area, shower etc over a 28x32 carriage style garage. We have it specifically for LU events (theater, athletics etc.) It is also a great place to just listen for a few days. It is free of charge. About 15 minutes from campus.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
DB89 wrote:I have 20 acres of timberland in Concord with amenities if anyone needs a place for a camper etc. Beautiful location. FlameFans welcome. We have a kitchen area, shower etc over a 28x32 carriage style garage. We have it specifically for LU events (theater, athletics etc.) It is also a great place to just listen for a few days. It is free of charge. About 15 minutes from campus.
Aka God's Country East :D
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
If our schedule gets released and this is our bye week you can expect me to be there. Praying REALLY hard that I can. miss being up in the burg.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:I'll be there this year. Looking forward to it!
Less mountain passes from down south!
5 plus 7 model

Process of elimination... Why is ND left with 2 g[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now :[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]