This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Best of Lynchburg '13: Pizza

Arosto
27%
Ledos
4%
Lil Cuccis
23%
Marios
No votes
0%
Monte Carlo
No votes
0%
Rivermont Pizza
15%
Vitos
No votes
0%
The Upper Crust
8%
Waterstone
15%
Other (Please Specify)
8%
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
With a new contender close to campus in the mix, this always competitive category gets some new flavor. Waterstone has been the champion the past couple of years.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Arosto seems to be getting some love on here, Proto. Lil Cuccis which hadn't received much support in recent years seems to be making a comeback this summer.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Love Arosto's food, wish the dining area wasn't so noisy though. Every time I go back to Ledo's the service is slower and the food gets a little less appealing each time.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sorry for the omission but it sits alongside Monte Carlo and Mario's as receiving scant support in recent years. I'll try to remember to add it in place of one of those others next summer.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If Proto didn't already have Arrosto, I'd tell him to invest in an Uncle Maddio's chain. We just had one open here and it's my favorite pizza place hands down. Totally off subject but someone could make bank with one of those.
By ECUnited
Registration Days Posts
Love Arosto's and Waterstone, too, but the Cucci's have been family friends for many, many years. Our boys grew up together, been in each other's weddings, so, they have to get the nod. I know not exactly unbiased, but at least I'm being transparent!

Like Prototype said, different kind of pizza between the two, and I've even admitted to Maurizio (Joe) that I've cheated on him and eaten on this side of town :) And I agree, I'll be okay with either one winning!
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Other: Papa John's
Really? I guess that is high dinning at Marshall so I shouldn't be surprised :D
Maybe it's the green color scheme?

But I do like Papa John's if we're getting "Fast Food" pizza. Domino's has improved immensely from where they were a few years ago to a close second.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Other: Papa John's
Really? I guess that is high dinning at Marshall so I shouldn't be surprised :D
Maybe it's the green color scheme?

But I do like Papa John's if we're getting "Fast Food" pizza. Domino's has improved immensely from where they were a few years ago to a close second.
Good point. I will say I agree about 'Fast Food' pizza. I've actually found myself enjoying Pizza Hut Thin and Little Ceasars pan pizza as well
Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]

5 plus 7 model

I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up tha[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]