This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Best of Lynchburg '13: Frozen Dessert

Bahama Sno Shack
4%
Bloop
38%
Cold Stone Creamery
13%
Cookout
13%
Mr. Goodies
17%
Sweet Frog
8%
Spoon Me
No votes
0%
Yogurt Yetti
8%
Other (Please Specify)
No votes
0%
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Is Mr. Goodies willing to throw a FlameFans Party if they win? Bloop wins - anyone who mentions FlameFans at Cornerstone Location gets a free cup. Will have to set day, but this would happen.
prototype wrote:Is Mr. Goodies willing to throw a FlameFans Party if they win? Bloop wins - anyone who mentions FlameFans at Cornerstone Location gets a free cup. Will have to set day, but this would happen.
As a newbie to town, I really enjoyed Bloop. It reminds me of Big Spoon Yogurt back home. If you can promise a free cup...we're there! I haven't found Cornerstone yet though.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Mr. Goodies had a bunch of jerks working there last year so I always avoided going there but their orange soft serve just destroys all of the other ones in town. It's so good. Maylynn's creamery in boonesboro is a similar ice cream trailer that is slightly more upscale if a trailer could be upscale. Simplified menu. Really good cherry dip cones. Too bad nobody on this board is boonesboro material. If I lived over there, that's where I'd be getting my ice cream.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:There is an Ice Cream truck near my apartment on Waterlick. It's over by CVS. It's always super crowded whenever we drive by. I don't know what brings everyone there.
I like mr. Goodies. I was there with my family the other night. If you want ice cream cones and sundaes - it's the place to go. Sad thing is the owner constantly slams self serve yogurt and bloop. Crazy thing is he owns the sweet frog in Winchester down the street from our bloop. Sad that some business owners try to increase their business by trying to other local owners. I think we are two different choices, both good, just different.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:Sad thing is the owner constantly slams self serve yogurt and bloop. Crazy thing is he owns the sweet frog in Winchester down the street from our bloop. Sad that some business owners try to increase their business by trying to other local owners. I think we are two different choices, both good, just different.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:That is Mr Goodies, YR
Thanks! We were wondering what it was. Went by tonight and had a cone. Wasn't bad. Not the biggest cone fan. I'd rather plop down at Bloop though.

I saw something called Monkey Joes up in Forest. Anyone know what the story is at that place?

One good thing about going to Mister Goodies tonight though, was seeing fireflies. My wife has been asking to find fireflies and so we saw some over there. The wife and kids were pretty excited.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Cold Stone all day long. Cotton candy with marshmallow blended in. I call it The Haize!
My family went through a Cold Stone phase where it was Cold Stone every time we ever went out. It's not bad, but just has never been my favorite. I think they do a dance or sing a song if you leave them a tip though, so if anything, it could be cheap entertainment.
Yacht Rock wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Cold Stone all day long. Cotton candy with marshmallow blended in. I call it The Haize!
My family went through a Cold Stone phase where it was Cold Stone every time we ever went out. It's not bad, but just has never been my favorite. I think they do a dance or sing a song if you leave them a tip though, so if anything, it could be cheap entertainment.
Cheap and easy.....that's me!
i contend and have usually not lost that given a blind test test of similar flavors, most people aren't going to be able to tell the difference between one ice cream/yogurt/ whatever from the next.

we have a hugely popular award winning place here and i've won this test every time.
RubberMallet wrote:i contend and have usually not lost that given a blind test test of similar flavors, most people aren't going to be able to tell the difference between one ice cream/yogurt/ whatever from the next.

we have a hugely popular award winning place here and i've won this test every time.
I'm in Indiana, land of frozen custard.....mmmmmmmm. I agree though with your point although I do know I can tell if its custard, not so much yogurt or ice cream.
Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]

5 plus 7 model

I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up tha[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]