If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I just pray that the AL wins so the Bo Sox can have home field advantage :wink:
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Wow... the NL is just barely getting by here. What a play by McClouth and Martin.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
OMG this game is unreal

MAN THAT HAD ALL THE MAKINGS FOR A PETE ROSE MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!! DANG IT!!!!!

And I'm tired of Joe questioning all these calls...yes he's correct but at real time speed there is no way for the umps to see the inches that separate the call from being right and wrong
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The Orioles' George Sherrill is coming into pitch in the 12th. Don't you love brim of his hat?
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:OMG this game is unreal

MAN THAT HAD ALL THE MAKINGS FOR A PETE ROSE MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!! DANG IT!!!!!

And I'm tired of Joe questioning all these calls...yes he's correct but at real time speed there is no way for the umps to see the inches that separate the call from being right and wrong
Funny u mention Pete.. He was in vegas the whole time I was there a week ago and he didn't have any chips in his hands when I was talking to him... But this is now the longest all-star game and I am really enjoying it!!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sherrill with the K.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
This game is getting ridiculous. Are we gonna have Bud step in and stop it again if it goes much longer?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I think you should be able to reinsert positional players if you get past 11 innings.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I think you should be able to reinsert positional players if you get past 11 innings.
Agreed 100%. I know they want everybody to get in but leaving yourselves with no pitching isn't great either.
By sweetnahmah1
Registration Days Posts
yeah, make a new rule for this game.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I think this game will change how All-Star games are played in the next few years...

After the first tie you saw Managers start saving 1 or 2 players just in case...now I think we'll see starters play a little longer then the standard 2 innings....I dont think we'll ever get to the old days where the starters play the whole game or a SP go 5 innings but maybe a few innings longer then what they have been
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I've always thought that. I just don't know what you would do about pitching because it's not healthy to get up, pitch, quit, and come back. Since the game means home field, I don't think you should allow re-entry. If it was just an exhibition game, then I'd be all for it. It'd feel like a high school game, but with better players.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I wish they'd just go back to where it was and let the team with the best record have home field advantage and leave the All-Star Game as an exhibition.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I think them throwing, stopping, then throwing again is 1000 times more dangerous then these guys throwing 5 innings compared to their 1 or 2....but I agree with it for position players...although they also run the risk of getting hurt....anyone who takes a few rounds of BP, then sits for a hour then tries to do something can somewhat understand what they are feeling like right now, a very easy way to tear or pull a hammy or something
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I think you should be able to reinsert positional players if you get past 11 innings.
7 minutes later
SuperJon wrote:Since the game means home field, I don't think you should allow re-entry.
:dontgetit
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If the game truly was an exhibition, I think you should allow it.

With the home field based on it, you have to treat it like a real game.

If it was just an exhibition you'd see more things like Larry Walker turning around in the batter's box, or Jeter moving to 3rd so Ripken can play SS, etc.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:
7 minutes later
SuperJon wrote:Since the game means home field, I don't think you should allow re-entry.
:dontgetit
I thought the same thing but I figured it was just because it's almost 1am.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
It makes just as much sense as "A > AA > AAA but AAA > A"
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
3 errors for Uggla? I feel kinda bad for him right now.
By sweetnahmah1
Registration Days Posts
francona shouldve pitched his guys longer then 1 inning each.

WOW and uggla can't catch a break, his 3rd error. Should've left utley in and this game would be over.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
sweetnahmah1 wrote:francona shouldve pitched his guys longer then 1 inning each.
Agreed. He wanted to get everybody in and also save Kazmir. He better start warming up.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:3 errors for Uggla? I feel kinda bad for him right now.
and he grounded into a DP in between a pair of K's :shock:
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Man I feel bad for Ug

Trivia: The only player to hit into 2 (maybe 3? cant remember) double plays in one all star game

Liberty's Own....Bobby Richardson
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
This could get VERY interesting b/c I dont think they are going to pitch Kaz since he's only working on 2 days rest and started to warm up only to sit back down

If the new players picks up on the pack line defen[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]