If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Pregame observations:

1. Sad to see Willie McCovey in a wheel chair.
2. Cool to see a couple of old timers with 2 hats--Dave Winfield & Gary Carter.
3. Great to see lots of old timers wearing Orioles hats--Cal, Brooks, Palmer, Frank, Eddie, & Earl.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Sad to see Wade Boggs in a Yankee's hat. He needed a nice Rays hat, or at least a hat of the team he was inducted as a member of (The Sox).

Glad the fans gave props to Willie and Hank, not just the Yankees.

And what's with everyone kissing Steinbrenner?

I am calling for an NL win in the game, on a Rivera blown save...
By AZjonz
Registration Days Posts
They're going to play a game?
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
So you mean you don't live for Joe Buck going on and on with a lame script and lots of old guys in baseball caps?

Cmon, what's wrong with you? :)
By AZjonz
Registration Days Posts
ToTheLeft wrote:So you mean you don't live for Joe Buck going on and on with a lame script and lots of old guys in baseball caps?

I'm cool with the old guys. Joe Buck - not so much. Even in football.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
I hear ya.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
Hanley Ramirez is the first batter and strikes out. McCarver on the replay says "Cut fastball in on the hands of Hanley Ramirez" and the pitch was clearly outside over the outter half of the plate.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
AZjonz wrote:
ToTheLeft wrote:So you mean you don't live for Joe Buck going on and on with a lame script and lots of old guys in baseball caps?

He took some heat for his interview with Cowturd on ESPN radio...he said he no longer enjoys watching sports and rarely watches a game during the week and would much rather watch a show like the Bachlorlette then a game...gotta love an announcer who has passion for his job and the games he calls

I liked Joe....but after that I'm a little bitter, not gonna lie
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:
AZjonz wrote:

He took some heat for his interview with Cowturd on ESPN radio...he said he no longer enjoys watching sports and rarely watches a game during the week and would much rather watch a show like the Bachlorlette then a game...gotta love an announcer who has passion for his job and the games he calls

he must be a royals fans. having to deal with all that losing can make any man not want to watch the game anymore.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
flamesbball84 wrote:
Hold My Own wrote:
AZjonz wrote: I'm cool with the old guys. Joe Buck - not so much. Even in football.

he must be a royals fans. having to deal with all that losing can make any man not want to watch the game anymore.

As a semi Royals fan...yes, their brand of baseball is tough to swallow...ZERO fundamentals

PS....Ichero (sp?) has a CANNON
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
That was an awesome pre-game ceremony...sure would like to know why Joe Morgan was not there with the other 2B? Afraid of getting booed out of the stadium?

BTW...All-Star games are always special in our household...first date with the now Mrs FR was the night of the 1982 All-Star game when Concepcion was MVP for the NL.
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:That was an awesome pre-game ceremony...sure would like to know why Joe Morgan was not there with the other 2B? Afraid of getting booed out of the stadium?

BTW...All-Star games are always special in our household...first date with the now Mrs FR was the night of the 1982 All-Star game when Concepcion was MVP for the NL.
Did you say that Jr. Fumble was conceived on your first date and you were the MVP?????
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Yankee fans are idiots.

I feel really sorry for Papelbon. I can't wait for him to eliminate them from playoff contention later on this year. All the time I am reminded more and more why I hate the Yankees and everything they are about and stand for.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Former Oriole & current Astro Miggy Tejada scores the go-ahead run for the National League.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Go Rays... Evan Longoria with a ground rule double to tie it up against Billy Wagner... 3-3 going into the 9th. Please no ties. :(
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
HenryGale wrote:
Fumblerooskies wrote:That was an awesome pre-game ceremony...sure would like to know why Joe Morgan was not there with the other 2B? Afraid of getting booed out of the stadium?

Did you say that Jr. Fumble was conceived on your first date and you were the MVP?????

HAHAHAHA I didnt want to post that but I had to read that twice b/c I knew that's what he said! LOL
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
I'm not a big Papelbon fan, but I would love to have a fathead with his stare on it. That would scare the crap out of me every day I wake up.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Is there a 10 inning limit?
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:Is there a 10 inning limit?
I don't think so, now with the new home field advantage implications, I have to assume they are gonna play it out.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Dont ask Bud...

That was classic
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Aaron Cook is lookin' cool out there, dealing with this HUGE jam in the 10th.

Let's see if he can get the 3rd out.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Wow, Cider, your boy Miggy with some HUGE defence and we go to the 11th.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Tejada saves the WS home field advantage for the Cubs! (at least for another inning...)
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
WOW...that's VERY impressive to get out of that jam...that's textbook baseball right there

and that play by Miggy was absolutely sick....IMO there is nothing that looks better by an infielder then when they have to drop down their arm slot and throw...and he was completely parallel with the ground and even hit the ground after

LOL...anyone see how hard Bud's breathing? LOL we could see this photo all over again
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
ToTheLeft wrote:Yankee fans are idiots.

I feel really sorry for Papelbon. I can't wait for him to eliminate them from playoff contention later on this year. All the time I am reminded more and more why I hate the Yankees and everything they are about and stand for.
I couldn't agree with you more :clapping I couldn't have said it any better myself...
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]