If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By sweetnahmah1
Registration Days Posts
Or Micheal Young will end it right here
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
ballgame
By sweetnahmah1
Registration Days Posts
stupid
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Did you see Terry's reaction? This game really does mean something now...
By sweetnahmah1
Registration Days Posts
First "loss" of the year for Lidge
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sac fly wins it!
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Finally! Great game. Good night all.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BoSox J.D. Drew gets the MVP in Yankee Stadium.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:I wish they'd just go back to where it was and let the team with the best record have home field advantage and leave the All-Star Game as an exhibition.
They used to alternate AL and NL as the home field advantage team, they didn't do it by record (Florida Marlins having home field as the wild card in 1997 is a classic example)...
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
WinthropEagleFan wrote:
adam42381 wrote:I wish they'd just go back to where it was and let the team with the best record have home field advantage and leave the All-Star Game as an exhibition.
They used to alternate AL and NL as the home field advantage team, they didn't do it by record (Florida Marlins having home field as the wild card in 1997 is a classic example)...
You are right. I should have remembered that... :oops:
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Shoot. Now I have to hope for the Cubs to win the Series in 4 or 5 games so they celebrate at Wrigley.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i know cuz frikkin corey hart cant throw to the right side of the plate on a shallow pop fly...
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Cut him some slack. Its not easy throwing when you are wearing your sunglasses at night.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
His approach to the pop up was horrible. Had he stayed behind it his momentum would've been coming into the throw and it would've gotten there on the fly as opposed to bouncing.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Cut him some slack. Its not easy throwing when you are wearing your sunglasses at night.
We need a crickets emoticon. :)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I guess you could just put this boy in a box.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
HenryGale wrote:
Fumblerooskies wrote:That was an awesome pre-game ceremony...sure would like to know why Joe Morgan was not there with the other 2B? Afraid of getting booed out of the stadium?

BTW...All-Star games are always special in our household...first date with the now Mrs FR was the night of the 1982 All-Star game when Concepcion was MVP for the NL.
Did you say that Jr. Fumble was conceived on your first date and you were the MVP?????
Now THAT would be (dare I say)...
...an Immaculate Concepcion!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Still can't believe the homeplate umpire agreed pose for a picture with a batter DURING the game!

But nice to see the AL win on an extra inning walk-off dinger! :clapping
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Still can't believe the homeplate umpire agreed pose for a picture with a batter DURING the game!

But nice to see the AL win on an extra inning walk-off dinger! :clapping
Good game last night. Slight correction, Cider: Game-winning dinger. It wasn't a walk-off because the NL was the home team.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]