If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

What is your Super Bowl Pick?

Broncos vs. Seahawks
20%
Steelers vs. Carolina
40%
Carolina vs. Broncos
30%
Seahawks vs. Steelers
10%
By Agent2Be
Registration Days Posts
What Super Bowl combination will be decided on Sunday? Odd on favorite according to Vegas oddsmakers is the Broncos, but what combination do you forsee playing in Detriot for Super Bowl XL?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Its gonna be the battle of the Jakes up in Detroit.

As the PAmedic says: PRINT IT!
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
seattle will take care of carolina me thinks....and denver gets no love yet they are ridiculous
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
It's because of Plummer. I still don't trust him myself. Although I do think they advance to the next round.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
plumbob has been a top 10 qb over the past 3 years....i hate that he gets no love....just because he played on a turd of a team in a city that should be stripped of its team, he is still given no credit...

i want him to win so bad and i hate the broncos
By Agent2Be
Registration Days Posts
As a diehard Steelers fan, I am scared of Plummer! The Steelers D can shut down the run, but the scrambling ability of Plummer adds another dimension to the Denver O. He has good excapability but can also get yards with his legs. Its a catch 22 for our D - bring the heat and risk a big gainer by Plummer, or site back and let him pick you apart......
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I don't buy the fake birds going to the big game, sorry. Seattle is overrated- they are every year- though they are notably better this year.

I have NO love for Carolina but I picked against them every game so far this post season and they keep winning.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Pick against them again. Bill Simmons has picked against us and we've kept winning. Don't change it now.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
yeah- I'm a bit of a curse that way. I had to stop watching Flyers games at work last year because they'd blow a 4 goal lead halfway thru the 3rd period if I tuned in.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
steelers v. panthers. agent2be has me beleiving that this is the steelers year! plummers ability to escape is a concern, but big ben showed me a lot last week, and OC ken whisenhunt has some more up his sleeve this week. GO STEELERS!!!!
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i don't think see how they are overrated...a top 7 defense and a top..arguably a top 5 offense...

they didn't have a huge cupcake schedule and they beat a great wash team without their biggest weapon...
By Agent2Be
Registration Days Posts
I have to say that this is the Steelers year. Everyone marvels that a six seed got this far, but the entire team is intact from the 15-1 team last year. The two reasons we are a six seed (Big Ben's injury and a strong AFC) are actually playing in our favor - especially when you look at the Steelers road record over the past two years. The guys want it more this year since this is Bettis's last year and the whole team (sans Burress - most over rated, big game disappearing excuse for a receiver) pleaded for Jerome to come back for one more year. With Wis in the booth, LaBeau coaching D and most importantly - Big Ben - the bus will return and win a championship on his home turf in Detriot Rock City.
By Agent2Be
Registration Days Posts
To me, the jury is still out on Seattle. I watched the entire game against Washington, but I just didnt see what the hype was about regarding Seattle. Washington has a lousy offense - so I couldnt really gauge their defense. The only other game I watched them play was against the Giants (the overtime game with Feely missing 3 field goals). The Giants were banged up on D then and Seattle couldnt do much. I just dont buy that Hassleback is a franchise QB. I will be on the road during the NFC championship game, so I wont be able to see the game. I have to say that even with the long plane ride (blah, blah, blah) that Carolina has been to the Super Bowl before and will have the will to win the game, but can they overcome all of the injuries. As much as i love Pitt, Goings was a third stringer for us - can he carry the load?
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
goings proved he could cary the load last year....i think we will see no difference in the carolina running game this weekend
UTEP

Home or away?

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry defea[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]