If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ill flame

This contract is both shocking but kind of makes sense. He's a MVP hitter and a MVP pitcher so it makes sense that he would make nearly double what MVP caliber players normally make. He's going to be 39 when this contract is over though.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
No human being is worth 70 million a year. He is not even the best player in professional baseball at this moment. I'm an old fart when I say this, but these contracts have gotten out of control.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: December 9th, 2023, 5:53 pm No human being is worth 70 million a year. He is not even the best player in professional baseball at this moment. I'm an old fart when I say this, but these contracts have gotten out of control.
Out of control for whom? Owners won’t pay it if they could not afford it
By Ill flame
Ohtani is one of the biggest celebrities in Japan if not the biggest celebrity. Every angels game is nationally broadcast live in Japan with Japanese commentary so they can watch him. A lot of the angels ads behind home plate are in Japanese and ohtani angels merchandise is commonplace across Japan. Its no secret why there was a massive bidding war for him, the Dodgers will get their money back and more on this deal. I'm trying to think of someone in the US that compares to his popularity but no one is as universally loved in the US as ohtani is in Japan.
Purple Haize liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Ohtani the baseball player is not worth 700 million.
Ohtani the baseball player plus the phenom is absolutely worth 700 million. The Dodgers will make millions on him just on Christmas gifts alone.
socal_flame liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
HUGE Angel fan here. My guess is that Ohtani won't play another 2-3 years, he is too prone to injury. I will be surprised if he ever pitches again.
Great guy, hate we couldn't sign him, but can't blame him for leaving the dumpster fire in Anaheim.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 9th, 2023, 11:43 pm I hope he bats .050 in Los Angeles . He should have came to east coast
Ballcoach, Ohtani is obviously Japanese and wants to stay closer to his fan base on the West Coast. How can you fault a man for wanting to live closer to his people? I'm glad he stayed in the National League and did NOT become a Yankee.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
So, BC, you’re free to hate west coast and Yankees. But why isn’t Shohei free to like them?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Shohei Ohtani, Despite the fact that the majority of Japanese people practice Shintoism, Ohtani and his family are practicing Christians.

Ohtani has kept the teachings of the Bible and Christ in mind and strives to live by them in his daily life. His kind heart and demeanor are highly recognized across the baseball world.
https://www.sportskeeda.com/baseball/ne ... s-explored
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betw[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]