If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
North Carolina is playing West Virginia. I thought Mayo Bowl was between ACC-SEC teams. How did a Big 12 team get in ?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
SEC didn’t have enough eligible teams?

Wisconsin and Maryland have played in it in recent years. Coincidentally the two highest attendances in the game’s history involved WVU.

West Virginia historically travels for bowls EXTREMELY well. So if WVU was on the table, it makes sense that the Duke’s Mayo Bowl scooped them up.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It alternates between the SEC and Big 10 typically. Since the mighty SEC didn't have enough bowl eligible teams they went with WV.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 4th, 2023, 10:36 am SEC didn’t have enough eligible teams?

Wisconsin and Maryland have played in it in recent years. Coincidentally the two highest attendances in the game’s history involved WVU.

West Virginia historically travels for bowls EXTREMELY well. So if WVU was on the table, it makes sense that the Duke’s Mayo Bowl scooped them up.
I am thinking about going!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 4th, 2023, 10:36 am West Virginia historically travels for bowls EXTREMELY well.
Those WVU students, alumni, and fans will jump at the first opportunity to leave their trailer park in Morgantown! I don't blame them for wanting to get out of town and leave the state.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I seem to recall Virginia beating WV in Charlotte ( Tire Bowl) . The Boo Hoos acted as if they'd won the National Championship. I think they won 2 straight Tire Bowls and were chanting, "our house".
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 4th, 2023, 2:24 pm
JK37 wrote: December 4th, 2023, 10:36 am West Virginia historically travels for bowls EXTREMELY well.
Those WVU students, alumni, and fans will jump at the first opportunity to leave their trailer park in Morgantown! I don't blame them for wanting to get out of town and leave the state.
That’s cause we can bring our trailers with us and save on hotels!!

Who’s the dummy now! :D :D
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Nothing to do in WV. No pro teams either. Many a family friend I had growing up saved all year to go to a bowl. And if WVU didn’t make it, well, more presents this year!
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]