If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 12:30 am I think it’s still Bama even if FSU wins
You and Ballcoach finally agree on something. :shock:

FSU deserves the CFP every bit as much at LU deserves the NY6: going undefeated should mean something! :fineprint
flamehunter, JK37 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
What Florida State deserves is IRRELEVANT!
Will the committee choose the four best ... or most deserving? "It is best," CFP executive director Bill Hancock said Tuesday. "Most deserving is not anything in the committee's lexicon. They are to rank the best teams in order, and that's what they do. Just keep that word in mind: best teams.”
https://www.espn.com/college-football/ ... inal-top-6
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I told everyone who would listen, and some who would not, that Alabama would beat Georgia, and get in CFP.
I've yet to figure out why pollsters had Crimson Tide ranked 7th or 8th. For past 2 months they've been best team in the country.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 10:28 pm For past 2 months they've been best team in the country.
Tell us more about the Auburn game before the miracle Hail Mary pass.
ATrain liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That was not a Hail Mary Pass. Bama QB waited until he got a "1 on 1" matchup in the end zone, and fired a strike to #17, for the touchdown. Coach Saban said they practice that play every Friday.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 4th, 2023, 3:32 pm That was not a Hail Mary Pass. Bama QB waited until he got a "1 on 1" matchup in the end zone, and fired a strike to #17, for the touchdown. Coach Saban said they practice that play every Friday.
Play works especially well if the receiver is allowed to push off just before the ball arrives :lol:
flamehunter, ATrain liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 4th, 2023, 3:32 pm That was not a Hail Mary Pass.
Doesn't a 4th down and forever with very little time left fit the definition of a "Hail Mary pass"?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 4th, 2023, 3:54 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 4th, 2023, 3:32 pm That was not a Hail Mary Pass.
Doesn't a 4th down and forever with very little time left fit the definition of a "Hail Mary pass"?
He’s not Catholic. Don’t ask him such in depth theological questions!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I don’t think it was a Hail Mary. The parity at the top of this sport this year is unprecedented. Whether looking at “best” or “most deserving”, there were 7+ teams with a legitimate case to get into the 4. In the last ten years, there have been five, at most.

So to say Bama was best last two months is…biased at best. Makes for an exciting playoff! Makes me angry at the ACC led block to an expanded playoff, or else we’d already have 12 teams (and FSU would be in).
ATrain liked this
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]